new walking/hiking/boots

Adam Bourne

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like a high boot, these are awesome, maybe a little warm for summer use. Totally water proof, I have walked all day in 8" of wet slush, feet warm and dry throughout.

Highly recommended.

Lowa Boots Hunter Extreme GTX Boots :: Army Navy Store

see a pair of these in my local surplus store look quite impressive i'll see what thompson comes up with mate.

4 season, crampons yes, £150-£200 ish bit more if what your thinking are worth it mate...

Its a big stretch, but if you can justify the money they are well worth it La Sportiva Nepal Evo GTX are the best 4 seasons boots I have ever worn. I think they are about £350, honestly they are the knees of the bee, second year I've had mine and won't swap them, even if I had to do the Eiger.

Within your budget I would go for Scarpa Mantas. They are really good boots for the money (about £220 I think). The soles are "sticky" enough for a bit of rock work but deep enough on mosses and mud that you don't go AOT. Good midsole for technical work and it has the TPU heel insert which is relatively good on drops/impact and cramponable. I owned a pair for about 4 years, did me really well and only had to get rid of them because they didnt fit. Nothing special just winter work in Scotland. I think its the best Sub £300 boot going.

Hope thats some use :001_smile:

Sam

Its a big stretch, but if you can justify the money they are well worth it La Sportiva Nepal Evo GTX are the best 4 seasons boots I have ever worn. I think they are about £350, honestly they are the knees of the bee, second year I've had mine and won't swap them, even if I had to do the Eiger.

Within your budget I would go for Scarpa Mantas. They are really good boots for the money (about £220 I think). The soles are "sticky" enough for a bit of rock work but deep enough on mosses and mud that you don't go AOT. Good midsole for technical work and it has the TPU heel insert which is relatively good on drops/impact and cramponable. I owned a pair for about 4 years, did me really well and only had to get rid of them because they didnt fit. Nothing special just winter work in Scotland. I think its the best Sub £300 boot going.

Hope thats some use :001_smile:

Sam

thanks Sam,

thats a pretty good little right up there....:thumbup:

love the look of the la sportive and think i might warrant saving a few more pennys.

there on sale £280 i wonder how long for though????

thanks

Adam