200t not switching off?

Treeworld

Hi,

As it says in the title my 200t is not switching off, I've had the case off to have a look inside the master control lever set up and put it all back together, the cold, warm and normal working position all work but it won't switch off. The only way i'm able to do so at the moment is by choking it whilst running thus flooding it to stop, not ideal as it takes lots of pulls to deflood and start again, I'm sure some of you must have come across this and how to sort it yourself. All components are in place inside the handle I just can't work it out so open to suggestions on how to fix this yourself.

Thanks for any input, Dave

Most common faults are the cut out wire on the coil has come adrift or the black wire by the front handle mount has come off its connector. It is a simple circuit, the coil has a connection to cut the spark, a black wire comes off this and goes up to the front of the handle, this clips on to a spade connector that can be seen if you take out the front mount bolt. the spade connector connects the switch in the handle to an earth wire that is clamped around the front handle mount - green and yellow in colour.

If you take the handle appart, be very careful, ease of the cover very lightly and .....TAKE SOME SNAPS WITH A DIGI CAMERA before all the parts drop on the bench and you have to send it to someone like me:001_rolleyes:

If you get stuck, I can fix it for a nominal fee no worries - serviced and refurbed many of these in my time and know all their little foibles:laugh1:

Thanks David and spudulike, I have got the switching all working ok but the fault would as you have suggested be in one of the 2 wires, I have taken the earth one off and seems to be fine, even checked there is a circuit which there is, so think it should be in the bleack wire which I presume goes all the way down to where its connected near the fly wheel? hope I'll get it!

most common is the little master box inside the pull cord cover replace that if theres no visible cut wires. they are 20 euro over here but is say they would only be about £10 in the uk defo something you can do youself.

:confused1::confused1: Are we talking the coil???? Got no idea what the "master box" is - I always thought it was the Tardis:lol:

"coil"/"master box" its all the same!

Mmmm - perhaps in your world of widgets, wotchamacallits and doofas - cos they doofa this and they doofa that:lol::lol:

If you ever need a new coil, I would suggest you don't ask your dealer for a master box - he may give you one made of cardboard:laugh1:

No offence - I know you are trying to help:thumbup1:

Mmmm - perhaps in your world of widgets, wotchamacallits and doofas - cos they doofa this and they doofa that:lol::lol:

If you ever need a new coil, I would suggest you don't ask your dealer for a master box - he may give you one made of cardboard:laugh1:

No offence - I know you are trying to help QUOTE]

none taken, just thought i would offer advice as best i could, ill remember not to open my mouth next time! :blushing: