1st climbing comp

atree

Had my first comp 2day,regional event held in chch,wasba bit nervous the past couple of days but when i started it was sweet,i suprised myself at the throwline,hardly ever use them at work and managed to get 6points were as my colleuge use's them alot and got no points which i was chuffed about,work climb was good although the clock stopped just as i was undoing my last biner,speed climb was hard 90ft tree done it in 1.58,average was 1.04.

all in all was a good day lots of people there the sun was shining although a cold win and look forward to next year.(possible pics nxt week)

So what was your first comp like?

never done one, what are the different disciplines in each then..??..throwline speaks for itself, what's the work climb..? and is the speed climb, pole climbing, or like climbing a 90footer from scratch..??

work climb is where you have to go2 5points in the tree (limb walk to ends) and ring the bell, speed climb is where you get belayed up (keeping a wee bit of slack so no cheating)then climb up the tree(mine was a cedar) using the branches 1st branch was about 20ft

The work climb Jay competed in was a little different to the ISA comps. It was run head to head against another climber, each competing on half of the tree, starting fom the ground, climb to the top, then go out to each target. return to point on the ground. Then later go head to head on the other side of the tree, quite fun as a spectator sport, maybe not so much fun for the competitor!!

Glad you got thru your 1st comp, and did well, bet you're looking forward to the next already!

• 2 weeks later...