Thinning Tips - put in your 10p's worth

Dr.Green

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any pictures of 1 or 2 year regrowth after thinning?

No pics sorry, only been using them for the last 8 years or so when i started using the poles on utility lines, then i have been in Italy for 5 years. I have only been back for just under a year and to be honest i wouldnt be able to remember which cuts were made by the pole pruners and which by my sweaty body and a silky.

So everyone seems to use gipsey sticks then?! only seen them make rips and poor pruning cuts :001_tongue:

if you're new to this type of work, spend a bit of time getting out there and making a perfect job, dont start off being lazy IMO

cant be using them right then mate:001_tt2:

its the old percentage thing to work out aswell ,got a rather large beech to do soon, 10% , i fart more than that , but the joy is its such a nice tree i can take as long as i like - i can get out to the tips, just , its just my arm isnt 1ft longer or belong to inspector gadget .

So everyone seems to use gipsey sticks then?! only seen them make rips and poor pruning cuts :001_tongue:

if you're new to this type of work, spend a bit of time getting out there and making a perfect job, dont start off being lazy IMO

liking the 'gipsey sticks' name

, thats like being a 'grass reduction engineer'

By the time you've done a really thorough crown clean - removed dead/dying/diseased branches, rubbers, crossers, deformed branches those branches growing in odd directions or over-extending - then any thinning required to meet specification is usually minimal - especially with domestic customers.

:thumbup:

Thats my 10p's worth in a nutshell.