alpine magnum stump grinder and aspen fuel?

shillo

Stick with the mix your on, aspen I have found can dislodge carbon build up and do damage ,also if the carb rubbers diaphragm seals are used to normal fuel aspen can change the compound of the rubber causing leaks and running probs.. I have run aspen on machines that were old and found these problems.... On brand new machines it is spot on though.

Aspen works great in all machinery,

if they recommend 33:1 then stick with that. the best way would be to purchase Aspen 4 and mix it yourself. Alternatively if you allready have some Aspen 2 which you use in your other machines, you could add some more oil to that to bring it up to 33:1. i make it 0.065L of oil added to a full 5L can of Aspen 2 which is 50:1 to make it 33:1.

Aspen will prolong the life of your engine and make starting it easy when left for long periods of time without having to drain the fuel every time to avoid gumming.

The cleaning out of Carbon deposits should not cause any damage but it will increase performance as it cleans the inside of the engine.

The problem of rubbers failing because of being subject to fuel containing solvents (pump fuel) is quite rare and is a cheap fix should they do go bad. I believe that the benefits of a cleaner working environment and a better performing machine in the long run outweighs this.

Axel

• 1 month later...