I Ported my 346XP

spudulike

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well get it done. Everyone in their brother on this side of the pond ports saws. I have lost the interest in them now days.

My 357xp running 3/8

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZJeepcpaN8]Husqvarna 357xp pop up domed piston woods ported testing - YouTube[/ame]

Got a 357XP EPA on my bench, it is owned by me and I am getting strange urges to get the dremmel out again and port it - I think it may be time:thumbup:

Do it, you know you want to :biggrin:

We've had a 560 on demo this week and it knocks the socks off the 357 power wise - I don't really want a 560, but a ported 357 might fit the bill :biggrin:

That is nice clean aspen squared up to be able to test before and after gains made on saws and chains.

Back then I was into gtg racing and real competition event racing and every little bit was needed. So I didnt want no crap wood that was knotty or uneven to test in. Needed results in my testing to show before and after with no interference of wood changes. :biggrin:

Trust me the saws that cut good in the aspen also cut good in the shag bark hickory. :thumbup:

I've been using seasoned Oak to test my saws, mainly because I have a reasonably good selection of it.

Bad news on the 357 - the crank bearing on the flywheel side is a bit shot, got a nasty noise from it so it looks like a bigger job now and I have got a few saws lined up for repair now so I will get the parts on order and fit it in when ready - has good compression though - 160psi with a new ring and standard gasket.

Reckon 170 - 180psi when done:thumbup: