London riots!

Frankie Lawrence

Does nobody else see why these kids are smashing stuff up, or feel like addressing the bigger picture?

No. Thought not.

Even if there is a logical and contigent causal chain of events that led to this disorder, it doesn't subsequently follow that the disorder is morally justified.

There is a clear line between explanation and justification. You can explain why you think something is happening (socio-economic factors / the disenfrachisement of youth) without justifying it.

I think the majority of opinions presented here are reacting to the ethic of the situation which is quite separate.

Edited by Amelanchier

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Virtually no news coverage here in the states. I agree with Andy. Shut down their means of communication and start rounding up the leaders during the day. Send them off to special holiday camps where they can work out what ever is in their collective systems. If they choose to be non compliant leave them until they gain wisdom and understanding, or until they assume room temp.

elg

Is it because they is greedy thieving scrotes out on the make?

Or, unemployed, ill educated and essentially impotent. We've created a monster and of course that's someone else's fault.

Oh yes and they aren’t “smashing **** up”, they are STEALING and destroying other peoples property and livelihoods

Just like our police and government do :confused1:

Deaths after contact with the police

Police in general are a violent breed, they are carrying and using banned ammunition; are inherently racist and give wealth more weight than justice. Our government murder, maim and torture around the globe in the name of profit and power. They to, use banned ordinance such as phosphorus weaponry, cluster bombs and depleted uranium shells.

Do as I say, don't do as I do. Yet again the hypocrisy is palpable.

Sad times :(

Capitol punishment......Army deployment on the streets. Does nobody else see why these kids are smashing stuff up, or feel like addressing the bigger picture?

No. Thought not.

Lets stick with water cannons and rubber bullets eh? Idiots love to respond to idiocy.

Firstly, these aren't "kids". The people perpertrating this senseless violence are not just teenagers. Live news footage clearly shows that all age ranges are represented and the argument that this is the disaffected youth, fighting for their rights and their future is utter crap!

And why are they smashing things up? Are they fighting against famine? Genocide? Totalitarian rule? Err, no, they're not. It's down to a sense of greed and unwarranted personal entitlement that makes these people think it's ok to simply take what the rest of us have to work hard and pay for.

There is NO justification for what is happening and trying to find excuses for this behaviour is as dangerous as it is stupid.

Police in general are a violent breed, they are carrying and using banned ammunition; are inherently racist and give wealth more weight than justice. Our government murder, maim and torture around the globe in the name of profit and power. They to, use banned ordinance such as phosphorus weaponry, cluster bombs and depleted uranium shells.

Do as I say, don't do as I do. Yet again the hypocrisy is palpable.

Sad times :(

:001_rolleyes:

That's about the most stupid, ill informed and deliberately provocative thing I have read on this forum.

Even if there is a logical and contigent causal chain of events that led to this disorder, it doesn't subsequently follow that the disorder is morally justified.

There is a clear line between explanation and justification. You can explain why you think something is happening (socio-economic factors / the disenfrachisement of youth) without justifying it.

I don't think their actions are justified. I am shocked by the calls for the army, rubber bullets, hanging etc..

I think the majority of opinions presented here are reacting to the ethic of the situation which is quite separate.

On here, as in the real world, people love to react. We are a world of reactions and really only one reaction away from destruction. The bigger picture is completely ignored in favour of the status quo and instant gratification. It's boring and uninspiring. The world is a weird place full of fear, hate and frustration. Those calling for a harsh response are as big a problem as the rioters IMO.

Edited by Amelanchier
Swearing

Wow. I don't think I've seen someone undermine their credibility so well with one post. Good luck. :D

:lol:

Not sure I had any credibility to begin with. I'm not posting for my reputation.

But both you and janey seem affected by that post. To both of you. Why so flabbergasted??

:lol:

Not sure I had any credibility to begin with. I'm not posting for my reputation.

But both you and janey seem affected by that post. To both of you. Why so flabbergasted??

I'm not affected by this thread or your posts :001_smile:

I am, however, deeply affected by the destruction of my neighbourhood and other areas of London that I am familiar with. I'm finding the violence and razing very, very upsetting.