Does anyone use one of these?

Decided I could probably do with a shorter felling lever as I only have one of the long ones and find it a bit cumbersome dragging it round with me at times and often leave it against a tree to then wander round trying to find it.

Been toying with the idea of one of these for a bit but can't actually find anyone who's used one to know if they are any good. Strikes me as a bit short to be much good for levering over but I'd be interested to hear from others. Bet it could be quite handy for braying wedges in withou carting round a hammer too.

Edited by Chris Sheppard

I've used one like that but red and they are useful for knocking in wedges, i also found it better to stand on it using your weight as leverage. so stand and push if you see what i mean.

I would say its good on trees 18" max then its knocking in the wedges time.

I used a scandinavian forest axe a high lift and a plastic wedge rather than the felling lever. The axe can be carried on my belt with in a hammer holder wedges can go in a pouch. Got a little turning strop for rolling hang ups.

I have a smaller felling leaver that i've put a bit of rope through the hole in the handle and tied it just above the hook. Means you can carry it over a sholder making it easier to carry. I've done the same on the big one too.