Another one to add to the statistics Grantham Area

Tom2020

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to update this

Paid a visit to the local cop shop over the weekend to have a word with some one who could help me out a bit more then the person who came out. The lad on the desk said every one is out at the moment but leave your name and address and we will get them to ring you. Walked out in a mood once again.

Few hours Later Nock Nock on the door Opened it.Police came in ask for all my details and any paper work on the saws and apologies for the poor service i received. They ask for officers Badge number who came out to see me As nothing had been filed about what's gone.

Lucky i took the person name down. Got a letter in the post today from the officer who paid me a visit Saying he is sorry for any problems caused etc etc

So in all I got my police report and now the insurance are more willing to pay out :)

If you are stuck I have a spare set of climbing kit and a couple of saw's you can borrow until your insurance pay up.

Thanks m8 really appreciate your offer Will find out by the end of this week if the insurance will pay out or not. Might need to take you up on that offer as im doing a job on Monday. With or with out a saw

Where about are you as well

If you are stuck I have a spare set of climbing kit and a couple of saw's you can borrow until your insurance pay up.

When I read an offer like that, at the same time as seeing on the tv what's happening in London and elsewhere, it reminds me that there are still good people in the world and - maybe - hope for us yet. Thank you, Treebloke, for cheering me up!

[quote=Tom2020;523815

Where about are you as well

Wolves, apparantly they are rioting, sorry I mean looting and theiving in the town centre tonight but I doubt it will affect us, they will all be back in bed when we go to work at 7am.

My tel no if you want to arrange is 01902 892652.

When I read an offer like that, at the same time as seeing on the tv what's happening in London and elsewhere, it reminds me that there are still good people in the world and - maybe - hope for us yet. Thank you, Treebloke, for cheering me up!

I have been in a similar situation myself and possibly may be again one day but for now:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

In my first year in this game I was with a big outfit in Kent, and we had stopped for lunch on the job, sitting in the shade of the truck, but the tools were all left in a pile, close by. There were other tradesmen on site, someone must have made a quick call, and the tools disappeared, 4 saws (2 of them mine), a blower and a hedgecutter.

These lowlifes make their living by using their hands, we make ours using powerful and sharp saws, we should be allowed to use our saws to remove their hands, if they ever get caught, I often wonder how much mess a sharp stihl would make of some thiefs wrist.