rope wrench ZK-1

Cary Gibson

It takes the friction off the hitch, like a figure 8 would do but it self tends so it can always be in place on your climbing line. Its great ive been looking for something like this

yeah mon :) and it is amazing how little wear your hitch-cord has on it after you climb on the rope wrench, even doing some quick descents.

It takes a lot of the friction off the hitch, the hitch still holds you in place when you stop to work and it allows minute adjustments for positioning, but the main advantage is no matter how many crotches you drop thru, or limbs you go around, the friction stays the same and predictable:thumbup:

wayyyyy out on a scary limbwalk? dreading going back in? well don't :biggrin: just drop down thru a crotch and work another limb, sweet deal man, sweet deal, and although I'm a huge lover of DdRT and my hitchclimber set-up; this thing is winning me over for a lot of jobs.

want to use it on a removal? go for it, just choke the spar with a running bowline and have at it.

here is a pic of my rig, the footlock bungees is thru the wrench just to show the direction it runs when I sling it over my shoulder and into the top hole of the hitchclimber, that in conjunction with my foot ascender allow the RW and hitch to self tend as I ascend. Unlike using a foot ascender on DdRT where you move 1 foot for every 2 feet of rope you pull; the RW system is a 1:1, it is much faster to move up a rope.:thumbup1:

IMG_0400.jpg.5acde8a1dd46492e8a242c1b8fe6978e.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just realized they are also now available at sherrill

whats happening binging:) tried that slackline over the same distance but low down and its the movement in the line that messed us up/ way harder to balance. needs to be way tighter over such a large distance.

loving the fact u customise the rope wrench so its mid-line, way cooler. Keep up the good work, be instersting to see the next one? or is that the finish?

Cheers Matt Glen