arborjet tree injection systems

Soory this was a derail and was in relation to subsidence not power lines.

But the reason they are doing it is to try and combat the new requirements by some power companies to not cut trees soo heavily, but at the same time keep costs down,and maintain theclearance. I cant remember which way round it was, whether the power co.s wanted more or less off, and something about application to control re-growth, to reduce the tendency for cutters to keep returning annually if less is taken off.

I never worry too much about a derail, we normaly get back to where we started in the end and usualy even derails end up being informative even if not on the origional spec!:thumbup1:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse..I have not read but mostly scanned this thread...

This retardant project is motivated by cost cutting within the utilities...Unsurprisingly, (in some ways ) it was being hailed as a sometime victory for arboriculture by Dealga O Callaghan who apparently heads up the push for the programmes' introduction. It is invested in by govt funding ( scarce as it is atm )....yes, that means your tax dollar !

Kinda makes me wish Id gone into some other profession frankly !

Id say with some confidence that trees will not compartmentalise as effectively when under the influence of the hormones...although there is no certainty that growth rates at growing points ( meristematic tissues ie cell division ) will be necessasrily affected by the "drugs " ! Whilst we know with some certainty, the way particular hormones work...we also dont know jack rabbit about the others ! As we know, and dont know I hasten to add.....it is currently needed to be researched if we are to be confident that it can be effectively used...IMO of course !!

I find it hard to believe its a good idea....like allicin but worse !

:grinning-smiley-003

Tim

Excuse..I have not read but mostly scanned this thread...

I find it hard to believe its a good idea....like allicin but worse !

:grinning-smiley-003

Tim

But we would be using allicin in an isolated single tree scenario, to reduce symptoms and enable recovery of vitality/vigor/photosythetic area and robustness against stresses caused directly by the issues.

WE are not and would not condone country wide treatment of native woodland trees in remote areas with a retardent that would compromise the tree in the same way as the symptoms we wish to treat with allicin!

no comparison tim, not even in the same solar region in fact:001_tt2:

long time no see, hows things?:thumbup1:

Allicin from garlic has been used in studies to treat various plant pathogens, including bacteria and fungi. It may or may not control pathogens in trees, and I think that specific research on whether allicin has any effect against tree diseases in live trees would be required to say for certain.

Yep - and certainly not by us. We can't possibly generate anything but anecdotal half truths.