Hamadryads foray-Whippendell woods 17-9-11

As im starting to get a few messages etc regarding the foray thought i would get the date up there and some details. We will be meeting in the car park round the back by the grove golf course this time, so those that cam last year can see what they missed last time:thumbup1:

Last year was a raging succses and all that came had a great day out and thoroughly enjoyed themselves, bundle2 came all the way down from norfolk for it!:001_cool:

Last year i promised the magpie inkcap and it was delivered in perfect condition too! this year i am planning to deliver tremella foliacea, a chalenge indeed as it is a short lived one and i will have to work hard to locate it before the day!

You are all welcome, dont be shy, i shall get the location details and directions sorted shortly, i think its off grovemill lane off the hempstead road watford but will be specific later.

anyways, hope to see you all there and this year we will visit a clump of veteran beeches too.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I've got nothing better to do that day I may pop along, just to fill the time, like ...

:lol:

It's in my diary. Thanks for organising this again, hon. As you said, last year's trip to WW was a fantastic day out and I'm looking forward to what could hopefully be an annual event.

If I've got nothing better to do that day I may pop along, just to fill the time, like ...

:lol:

It's in my diary. Thanks for organising this again, hon. As you said, last year's trip to WW was a fantastic day out and I'm looking forward to what could hopefully be an annual event.

I have pretty much assigned myself to the fact it will be an annual affair, you lot had such a great day out and thats really what its all about, getting out there and enjoying the woodlands and not JUST for the trees!:001_smile:

Im going to stick a kettle and frying pan in the car for a lunch break, a brew and bacon sarnie soon gets the old flagging troops fired up again!:lol:

We are going to the queen of whippendell this time, another ATF record, a massive beech:001_cool: a great group of vets (2 of them in the videos I did) and hopefully we will see the Pholiota aurivellas on the beeches this time.

Whippendell Wood, Watford, TQ 078 978.

A wood near Watford, comprising mainly of deciduous woodland on gentle slopes. Read a description of this area.

Buy Map Pack From : The One Stop Shop, Watford Town Hall, TQ 105 968 ( 01923 226400 x 8092/8093). Up to five maps free of charge to any individual or group, £1.00 per copy thereafter.

Directions by Car : From junction of A411, M25 spur and the A41 at the Hunton Bridge Roundabout, TQ 086 996, head towards Watford on the A411. After 800 metres turn right into Grove Mill Lane, TQ 090 987. Follow the road for 1.25km to the car park on the left, TQ 080 982.

On Foot / By Public Transport : On foot the Grove Mill car park, TQ 080 982, is 4km from Watford Town Hall, TQ 105 968.

• 1 month later...
Who's going down from the north west? if anytime is, to save fuel costs I have a 7 seater (2 small seats in the boot) and would chip in if anyone else wanted to drive down.

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII

Bump, time to make plans:thumbup:

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII