ivy

slasherscot

Did a fair sized house last week.

Dust masks are essential.

spades are good,

we have the Wolf Garten range of tools and have 4 or 5 dutch hoe's mainly for this type of work.

a mewp is worth the money if access is possible.

most clients only call us in when the ivy's into the roof

warn the client that it may pull the odd tile out

start at the top, and try to get it rolling into a ball, when it gets heavy enough it pulls itself off in big old lumps.

oh, and as said above, check, check, and check again for cables :blushing:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did this once at request of house owner. We had a landrover with us he suggested we cut it at the bottom and then tie it to the tow bar and pull it off. So I suggested he sign a piece of paper to that effect which he did. We then proceeded with his idea and it all came off in one go along with most of the render on his pine end. :laugh1:

That was actually going to be my suggestion provided there was no render or obvious wires around. Also that it isn't going into the fascia boards. You can peel it off in one on the back of the truck and to a green waste site. Other wise do as has been said take it off bit by bit with a scraper and a hand saw. I've done the second option a couple of times now.

ty all for ur suggestions

secateurs and silky, hoe and spade,

used the secateurs and silky to cut through the middle of it, and used the spade to prise it away from wall, and the hoe to reach the high bits.

stood on the ifor williams canopy of the l200 for the higher bits , worked a treat.....worked my way around the ivy with the spade and hoe, managed to get most of it off in 2 bits. a bit fiddly around the down pipe.