Managing Trees with Decay & Dysfunction

and THATS why I will not entertain american arboriculture, For an older (veteran arb) you are very behind Guy, im sorry, but its true.

IMO you can't disregard (or entertain) the WHOLE american arboriculture industry as you say, due to the opinions of one american arboriculturist/ecologist! That is a very naive view (again in my opinion) I've met two people over here, who share similar ideas to some UK arb's but have their own american twist to suit their environment... Arbtalk is only a small part of the picture, and I remember a man telling me about the ways of a wise man and how he it's open to everything:001_rolleyes:

We live in a huge place, one global network, we need to share ideas and get out there and see the world:biggrin:

As much as arbtalk is a valuable tool, I reiterate, to disregard one countries industry due to a minor disagreement on an internet forum is absurd?:biggrin:

Sent from my Galaxy S2

there is a web. Where's the proof that fungi play the leading part ?

In thousands of articles and (chapters in) books on mycology and forest ecology written by hundreds of researchers from countries all over the world, including a few from the U.S. and Canada, that you not only don't seem to know about, but probably would also not be able to (fully) understand.

Besides, where's the proof for the shamanistic belief that "Trees connect the earth, and mankind, to the heavens." And for the fact that trees can wall off some - why not all ? - wood-destroying fungi "indicating immortality", with the oldest trees on earth being a Picea abies of 9.550 years old or a Pinus longaeva of 4.800 years old ?

What do you think is to be learned from an evolutionary angle from the fact that all of the oldest solitary or clustered trees on earth are tree species exclusively associated with ectomycorrhizal macrofungi ?

So cyanobacteria and microfungi advanced evolution 400 million years ago.

This is today. Yes there is a web. Where's the proof that fungi play the leading part?

hama, exaggerating does not prove anything--"maybe so" is not "ignoring", and you can demonize US practice all you want.

No tete a tete possible when each party talks past the other. fuggetaboutit.

I wont demonize US arboriculture, BUT I dont want to do it, nor want it in my face!:lol:

In thousands of articles and (chapters in) books on mycology and forest ecology written by hundreds of researchers from countries all over the world, including a few from the U.S. and Canada, that you not only don't seem to know about, but probably would also not be able to (fully) understand.

Besides, where's the proof for the shamanistic belief that "Trees connect the earth, and mankind, to the heavens." And for the fact that trees can wall off some - why not all ? - wood-destroying fungi "indicating immortality", with the oldest trees on earth being a Picea abies of 9.550 years old or a Pinus longaeva of 4.800 years old ?

What do you think is to be learned from an evolutionary angle from the fact that all of the oldest solitary or clustered trees on earth are tree species exclusively associated with ectomycorrhizal macrofungi ?

Gerrit, dont Yews have endo?

dont Yews have endo?

They do, but the oldest yew is less than 4.000 years old and I was referring to a more than twice as old solitary Picea and a somewhat older solitary Pinus and to genetically identical clusters of clones of Quercus palmeri (13.000 years old) and Populus tremelloides (80.000 years old).

IMO you can't disregard (or entertain) the WHOLE american arboriculture industry as you say, due to the opinions of one american arboriculturist/ecologist! That is a very naive view (again in my opinion) I've met two people over here, who share similar ideas to some UK arb's but have their own american twist to suit their environment... Arbtalk is only a small part of the picture, and I remember a man telling me about the ways of a wise man and how he it's open to everything:001_rolleyes:

We live in a huge place, one global network, we need to share ideas and get out there and see the world:biggrin:

As much as arbtalk is a valuable tool, I reiterate, to disregard one countries industry due to a minor disagreement on an internet forum is absurd?:biggrin:

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Im not writing them off, rob, do not accuse me of having a narrow mind again, you have NO friggin idea, my mind is far far and away from closed:lol:

Guy has a nack for rubbing, and he is rubbing as always:001_smile: I should not bite, but im sick, in fact, the best way is to say nothing your sooooo right rob its absurd, laters:lol:

They do, but the oldest yew is less than 4.000 years old and I was referring to a more than twice as old solitary Picea and a somewhat older solitary Pinus and to genetically identical clusters of clones of Quercus palmeri (13.000 years old) and Populus tremelloides (80.000 years old).

and olives?

Guy has a nack for rubbing, and he is rubbing as always:001_smile: I should not bite, but im sick, in fact, the best way is to say nothing your sooooo right rob its absurd, laters:lol:

Thats better, dont bite:thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Rubbing? Britspeak for...? Rubaduddub, ten in a pub...

In thousands of articles and (chapters in) books on mycology and forest ecology, authors say fungus plays the leading role. No surprise there! But the web is real, and if we want to manage the tree we have to, where possible, manage the tree's ecosystem, let's agree on that. :thumbup1:

the web is real, and if we want to manage the tree we have to, where possible, manage the tree's ecosystem, let's agree on that.

Now there's a surprise. How do you manage the tree species specific ecosystem and its soil food web if you have no knowlewdge of and expertise in the forest ecological and mycological field at all ?

And do you really think you can manage tree species specific ecosystems and their soil food webs ?