Water proofs

conkers

Apologies folks and the Ed. I wasn't trying to get in a cheap sales pitch there as thats not what this great forum is about.

Just thought it ineresting that that he great waterproof debate for tree work still goes on.

It's a little interest of mine that got carried away and i now look at fabrics in the same way i look at how to do a tree job - lots of different ways to do it but which one works best.

I am becoming a bit of a performance fabric geek having found so much technology that goes in to it.

The myth of breathability and how the fabrics need to work in conjunction with each other for it to work. and how, doing a job like ours, cold bridging is going to hamper the breathability of if not used correctly.

My old, german army gore fell to peices some time ago and was never really right for climbing in so stuck with cheapies and realised that i spent 5 days a week in it and working in the rain.

Got to be comfie and works if spending all day every day in it i reckon.

Won't use this forum as a catylist for my own needs again i promise. Only to learn and be learned.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good stuff deerman, i had a look at there stuff awhile ago, they do a ventile jacket which is pretty good.

I'm playing about with ventile at the moment as its fantasic stuff and would be great for tree work but very expensive. possibly a bit to much for tree work.

I also have some water proof fleece stuff that has a lamitate membrane in the middle of two fleece layers but you are right, its a bit clammy for working in and the exhaust has melted it quite quickly.

Although it is pretty good with thorney stuff and very hard wearing.

Swazi stuff is good to but again, quite pricey.

Apologies folks and the Ed. I wasn't trying to get in a cheap sales pitch there as thats not what this great forum is about.

Just thought it ineresting that that he great waterproof debate for tree work still goes on.

It's a little interest of mine that got carried away and i now look at fabrics in the same way i look at how to do a tree job - lots of different ways to do it but which one works best.

I am becoming a bit of a performance fabric geek having found so much technology that goes in to it.

The myth of breathability and how the fabrics need to work in conjunction with each other for it to work. and how, doing a job like ours, cold bridging is going to hamper the breathability of if not used correctly.

My old, german army gore fell to peices some time ago and was never really right for climbing in so stuck with cheapies and realised that i spent 5 days a week in it and working in the rain.

Got to be comfie and works if spending all day every day in it i reckon.

Won't use this forum as a catylist for my own needs again i promise. Only to learn and be learned.

your website doesn't give prices

Does anybody have a waterproof jacket that will stand up to most tree work and stay waterproof.

In light of the summer we have had, I'm getting soaked almost every day and never really bothered before but I'm running out of radiators:mad1:

You could visit our stand at the APF - S6. Cheers - bruce@sevsafe