Dual port muffler on a 660

RobRainford

I think we have ascertained Robs yard is made up of chewwed up tarmac:lol:

Revving the knackers off it - if you tach tune it, you will need to hit the high revs for a second to log the max revs, not something to do on a cold engine or all the time but it does need to be done once modified!

All that being said, lets see it cut some wood and let us know what it is like digging it in hard with the dogs, that is when the extra power will tell, that and when using a much longer bar.

Just need to port it, sort the transfers, adjust the squish and open up the piston now:thumbup:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eBay for about £25 all in. Its slightly more than what it would be at my local dealer. But the same part.

Spud: they said they do work with 200t's, I'm tempted to send mine in for a new carb and a good doing over to make it scream. That or my 260, can't decide!

Had a go with it earlier, cutting full 20" in 18 month seasoned beech. And it was awesome. Barely even tried, and I was pushing hard too

eBay for about £25 all in. Its slightly more than what it would be at my local dealer. But the same part.

Spud: they said they do work with 200t's, I'm tempted to send mine in for a new carb and a good doing over to make it scream. That or my 260, can't decide!

Had a go with it earlier, cutting full 20" in 18 month seasoned beech. And it was awesome. Barely even tried, and I was pushing hard too

Yes - I have seen modified MS200Ts, the exhaust isn't the easiest one to mod being cast alloy but the porting can be done. The MS260 is an easy muffler mod, the original has a very small dual cut outlet - very easy to modify, porting will also give it a bit of clout.

I have cracked the MS200 carb problems - you are best to stick to the non pumped version and if the non pumped version is playing up, have just worked out why - took a few hours and many rebuilds but have a fix at long last on one I am working on.

Hope all goes well - if the 660 runs sweet and pulls well the all is good - just trying to get some time to port, adjust squish and muffler mod my 346, people just keep giving me their saws to fix:thumbup:

No, I use the 20" because then I get more use, but I have got a 36 for it and a 25 on the way.

Sounds like a good combo then Rob, mine's similar except I went for a 28" Winsor bar for my mid size.

The 28" hardly ever comes off now, except for milling or anything stupidly big when I run semi-skip on the 36"