Skoda Felicia what do you Think?

ozy vince

:001_smile: Hey guys I’ve been mulling this one over for a while, I was wondering what those skoda felicia Utes are like?

When I get back to the UK. I want a work vehicle and a "really nice" roomy camper van not saw dust and fuel infested, my Girl Friend will need a normal car for the work she would like to do, so that rules out a transporter or vito van diy camper conversion for her to drive special needs kids around in.

So I thought an older Skoda Felicia Pickup with a Home made box van style slide on camper, not pop top (too cold). I can pretty much build the whole slide on my self and it can un bolted and be taken off for work, and the Ute be fitted with a large lockable tool boxes. for my climbing kit and saws, I don’t need or want to tow anything with it and I don’t want to chip into it as I am just going to groundy and climb like always, so its just a kit Ute..

I could also consider a VW but they have got to fashionable of late so I think that would affect the price as there are fewer non pimped models about, or is there a solution to my situation I haven’t thought of, I did think about a Transit with B&Q Summer house on the back but I want a car like pick up.

Cheers Vince..

:biggrin:

The skoda Felica "fun" is a very good buy indeed. It's basically a vw caddy but built better.

I think the main issues with it are the age, as they're all getting on a bit. Skoda used them as a marketing tool to wiggle their way back into the market when they started , their uprising.

The colour, only available in yellow.

There's only one engine option, think it's a 1.6 petrol but not sure.

They are quite low, this is why they've put the towbar up at normal level wich means you have to twist it out of the way to open the bottom tailgate

They're great little cars though the back seats can fold up to give a decent load space and with the hardtop on the back (wich is very rare to find 2nd hand and v expensive) and the back seats down it makes a reasonable family car.

I've a mate who's got one for sale but he''s near Colchester, so a bit out the way for you.

The weight is something I would worry about if self building a demount to fit that, don't know what the rear axle load is but my self built demount takes my rear axle pretty close to it's legal max, they work out suprisingly heavy if you build them well, and you can do a solid sided pop top like mine is, we have been in ours at -5 without any problems although the propex heater did help in the morning :)

It is a nice way to go though, you get te best of both with demounts.

Sorry, it's just the "fun" one that I knew of, they never offered them as "normal" pickups in my native Netherlands. Must be pretty much the same vehicle though, apart from the foldy back-seat (wich I always thought to be the best thing about them).

Sorry, it's just the "fun" one that I knew of, they never offered them as "normal" pickups in my native Netherlands. Must be pretty much the same vehicle though, apart from the foldy back-seat (wich I always thought to be the best thing about them).

Never heard of the 'fun' before, yet judging by google they have a following..

Homepage-Fun

we had a '96 one with the 1.3 petrol engine in and it was a great little pickup, just a bit small load space if you're used to hiluxes etc. never driven the diesle one but the 1.3 petrol was OK, and quite economical. Dad used it a few times on runs down to Plymouth and back (a long way from us) and said it was fine, just a bit gutless on long motorway climbs.

• 3 weeks later...

Daihatsu Hijet 1.3 M - Luton Box Pasar Malam 2006 - Other Vehicles for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my:001_smile:

What about one of those :) here's one already a box van, I think my GF would like the look of the finished product "cute" if thats a consideration for buying a ute.

the fun looks good especialy with the removable bulk head, we could have a crawl through from the cab to the camper. :001_cool:

As for light if this guy can build a bicycle camper then we can do this. god these links are long I wish I new how to change that, I recon steel frame base to keep it rigid with a wood frame above the tray level to keep it light.:thumbup1: thanks guys.

Edited by ozy vince