cs31 tomorrow

new_fella

does anyone know why/when the teaching of snedding changed? Learnt in the course this week about snedding but the method that we learnt from what was in the book and wat we were told is different from the afag 303 guidelines? I know this is probably a geeky question just wondered why it would have changed!!

Hello mate, good luck with your 31. The key thing is to remember what youv been tought and Take your time. They arent looking for speed at the moment, that will come with experience and time. Theyre looking for accuracy and safety. Im guessing the reason for the change is to do with manual handling. To stop you doing your back in and to prevent repetative stress etc.

does anyone know why/when the teaching of snedding changed? Learnt in the course this week about snedding but the method that we learnt from what was in the book and wat we were told is different from the afag 303 guidelines? I know this is probably a geeky question just wondered why it would have changed!!

I didn't have to do snedding on either my 30 or 31 assessment!? but had to do the training for it.

weird, wonder if they just pick and choose what each person does. got the assessment tues, did pretty well thru the training, obviously messed up like everyone does from time to time, hope the assessment goes to plan!! i guess as long as im safe etc it'll be fine!

I didn't have to do snedding on either my 30 or 31 assessment!? but had to do the training for it.

Yeah my assessor watched me fell the tree then watched me sned the first part then went and watched someone else and let me get on with it.