Diesel Quad

Hi All

Has anyone tried one of these:

ARCTIC CAT 700 DIESEL TRV | Road Legal Quads | Quad Bikes | ATVs

Not cheap that's for sure but do you reckon the diesel engine will give it the grunt to skid bigger logs?

That is a very nice and an expensive toy. For less than half the money you could have one of these:

***SAME SATURNO 80 4WD TRACTOR*** | eBay UK

Same Explorer II 80 4x4 Diesel Tractor 40kph | eBay UK

Which will have far more uses than a quad.

That is a very nice and an expensive toy. For less than half the money you could have one of these:

***SAME SATURNO 80 4WD TRACTOR*** | eBay UK

Same Explorer II 80 4x4 Diesel Tractor 40kph | eBay UK

Which will have far more uses than a quad.

have you had a read of the guys ebay feedback who,s selling the tractor!!!!!:001_huh:

I'd agree with what he others are saying - if you had that sort of money to spend then it want's to be a tractor of some sort, especially given the fact it can be used to power implements too.

For the low impact sort of stuff you're looking to do then a decent compact with proper tyres or an alpine would be a good move.

Both types have their pros and cons dependant on what you want to use them for.

I'd agree with what he others are saying - if you had that sort of money to spend then it want's to be a tractor of some sort, especially given the fact it can be used to power implements too.

For the low impact sort of stuff you're looking to do then a decent compact with proper tyres or an alpine would be a good move.

Both types have their pros and cons dependant on what you want to use them for.

Right - scratch that one from the list then!

Now that I see you can get an alpine for the same money I see what you are saying:

Riko UK ::  Tractors

What would 'a decent compact with proper tyres' be then? Has anyone got a link that would give me an idea?

What would 'a decent compact with proper tyres' be then? Has anyone got a link that would give me an idea?

We're using a 30hp Landini 4wd at the mo which is on taller and wider tyres than standard and leaves very little in the way of ground damage and weighs only around a tonne and a half or so inc the loader. there is a pic of it somewhere on here with the winch and the trailer on. It really does punch above it's weight.

Kubota, Iseki, Kioti all do "proper" compacts (as in not just the tiny little ones) and most of the manufacturers of normal tractors have a compact or two on the books.

I used to run an alpine (a 50hp carraro) for a couple of years along side the County and it was great for what I wanted to use it for. It did lack on ground clearance, but made up for that with manoevrability and stability - it would do side slopes and go down hills steep enough it would have been hard to walk across. I really should have put some better tyres on it but in the end I needed it less and less and was using it just for running the splitter or sawbench. One downside is they are generally a bit dearer than a conventional tractor though.