Beech dismantle with crane

Davepowys

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that it is necessary for climber to have worked with the crane operator prior to working in close proximity to heavy loads. Check that the climbers insurance covers them for this type of work.

Hope all goes well.

Tony

Surely you mean the contractor's insurance?

The climber doesn't need any insurance, other than maybe personal accident cover.

Every crane driver/climber combo must have worked together for the first time on something, what would you recommend for a first job?

Of course a contractor works under your employers Liability.

I have been involved with a few crane jobs now and there are no margins for error. Just look on youtube 'crane accidents' to see some horrors!:ohmy:

Banksman with cert of comp is required to direct movements and loading of the crane correctly to cover insurance validation for the lift.

With my guys in the past, when intoducing a new crane operator or climber to a team, we do a few test lifts in a safer environment away from the work site and without the pressures of time and cost.

It has proven invaluable for those far to reach places!

Would love to see some pics.182401_199339866744627_133760249969256_780713_654394_n.jpg

I always felt banksmen are fine on static lifts. the last thing I wanted was a third party on the ground controlling the lift. If he was stood in the tree next to me I would be happier afterall his mistake my life, just don't like sound of that. I know it's an insurance thing but if the crane driver is watching banksman he ain't watching the tree

Of course a contractor works under your employers Liability.

Not exactly

The contractor works under your public liability insurance.

Any damage to the public or property is covered by your Public liability insurance, and damage to the climber while your employing him for the day is covered by you employers liability.

Edited by Rupe