RFS level two.

Does any one know any company that can offer this course as distance learning. I spoke to a company this morning over the phone and they said the course is no longer being run, could you please advise, thanks mark.

Hi Mark,

I was gonna direct you to the Hort. Correspondence College but just had a look and they no longer seem to offer it....hmmm! In part this could be owing to the restructuring of qualifications under the new 'Quals. & Credits Framework', i.e. it will now be known as 'level 2 arboriculture'.

As an alternative, given you wish to 'home study' (always admire people who can!), you could consider the ISA Certified Arborist perhaps, see ISA Certified Arborist Programme - Arborist Certification :: ISA Certified Arborists :: ISA UK&I Chapter, or the European Tree Worker exam, see EAC -

Hoping thsi to be of help.

Cheers, n good luck!

Paul

Hi Mark,

I was gonna direct you to the Hort. Correspondence College but just had a look and they no longer seem to offer it....hmmm! In part this could be owing to the restructuring of qualifications under the new 'Quals. & Credits Framework', i.e. it will now be known as 'level 2 arboriculture'.

As an alternative, given you wish to 'home study' (always admire people who can!), you could consider the ISA Certified Arborist perhaps, see ISA Certified Arborist Programme - Arborist Certification :: ISA Certified Arborists :: ISA UK&I Chapter, or the European Tree Worker exam, see EAC -

Hoping thsi to be of help.

Cheers, n good luck!

Paul

thankyou for taking the time to post paul, yeah i will look at the isa program. cheers again mate. mark

• 2 weeks later...

I'm close to finishing the L2 now and i nearly did it by distance learning but managed to get the time of work to attend and in all honesty it would be really hard by distance learning IMHO so many questions im 100% glad i went to college to do it.

If you can find the time go to college to do it!

I just started another thrad on this for the same rerason. I was speaking to keeley at treelife today and she says some are doing it still. level 3 now though I think after re-structuring or something. Need to check out the info she sent, and Myerscough by the looks of it!

I did mine online with Myerscough - started in September 2010. I loved the course so much I decided to move up to Preston altogether and I'm now doing my FdSc full-time there! The tutors were very committed and eager to help...if Duncan Slater is still one of the online lecturers you're onto a winner. I know they've done it this year, but not sure about next? Deffo give em a ring.