Anyone care to quote from a picture?

slimtim

I'd say it was a damn sight more than an hours work, theres a 50ft drag through a garage to contend with as well, how bigs the garage..?..

If the ladder is 16 ft then there is 14-16ft of tree to top out, looks about 6 or 7 stems...bit of snedding out, drag the 50ft navigating through the garage of unknown size...the one near the path may as well be felled unless they want a dead stump sat on the outside of their newly financed hedge..

conifer jobs = unknown quantity = price accordingly...imho:001_cool:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1hour job = minimum 4hour charge. ever wonder why plumbers have a £100 callout charge?

That's ok if you are working away from home.

Today I have three jobs booked in and I can see my house from all of them furthest is about 800 yards :001_smile:

Yesterday I was a mile away but could still see my house and the second job was at the bottom of the hill 200 yards away.

If a job takes 2 hours and I have to tip and change gear I charge the half day to cover that time and sometimes I can get three small jobs in for three half day prices. But it's rare I do 8 hours a day. Most days I'm dropping my groundy off at 2.30pm

That's ok if you are working away from home.

Today I have three jobs booked in and I can see my house from all of them furthest is about 800 yards :001_smile:

Yesterday I was a mile away but could still see my house and the second job was at the bottom of the hill 200 yards away.

If a job takes 2 hours and I have to tip and change gear I charge the half day to cover that time and sometimes I can get three small jobs in for three half day prices. But it's rare I do 8 hours a day. Most days I'm dropping my groundy off at 2.30pm

Dean, you can only work from home for a while. Eventualy you will have done all the trees near you!:ohmy:

Dean, you can only work from home for a while. Eventualy you will have done all the trees near you!:ohmy:

If you stick a pin in my house and do a radius of one mile there are thousands of houses, with enough leylandii and Hawthorn hedges to keep me going for life :001_tongue:.

Each area will have it's own maximum day rate, I started too low with my day rate and found myself with loads of work, I pushed up the day rate until the work coming in was just right. That's what we all do and the rate differs all over the country.