Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About slimtim

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  1. The environmental permit (EP) is the new name for the old waste management license. The waste carrier license is a different thing. You need the waste carriers license to carry commercial waste and the environmental permit to process it (ala scrapyard, composting setup etc).
  2. I've been lurking around here for a while. I'm a gardener by trade and, although I've done some treework, it usually revolves around planting them. Anyhow, I tend one garden regularly and have finally persuaded its owner to reduce the height of some conifers that dominate his smallish suburban garden. Would anyone care to offer an ballpark estimate before I call someone local? As an indication of their size, my ladders top out at about 16 ft and the conifers need reducing down to 8-9ft to match the ones which I have already reduced on the left (from a mere 10ft). The only available site to setup a chipper would be on the roadside and all waste will therefore need dragging about 50ft through a garage and along a driveway. Trees are in Wollaton, Nottingham.


Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

Get in touch

facebook feed

Recent tweets