how do i stand

miker

Sometimes when you've been working for someone for a long time, the grass starts to look greener for them and they want to try someone else. However whatever you do, don't burn your boats. Be philosophical and leave the door open -- and don't drop your prices to try to win him back.

Some of my best clients went away and then came back stronger -- having learnt the hard way that I do a good job and at a good price.

OK, my day job is not in arb -- but the principle is the same whatever the service you provide.

Best wishes,

John Russell

This is so true

We have been dropped by sites only to get reoffered the contract years later as they find the 'cheapest' option doesn't give the best service.

Leave the site without looking like a sore loser- head held high/ smile on face. The manager will then 'have' to get someone in better than you or look foolish.

I know this may not be your preferred option especially if the loss of this site would have serious financial considerations. That's probably your dilemma. BUT- if that is the case you need to work harder at getting more sites rather than resting on your laurels- become active not reactive.

BTW- £12 per hour is cheap if you are providing everything!!

You could put up your prices and see what happens- I mean put up your prices to everyone- If 90% accept the new rate, then you could afford to loose this site and have more free time.

Good luck- let us know how it ends up- but don't blame us- this is just free advice!:001_smile:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We serviced generators on a sit for 10 years and they never had any money. The contract was worth about 8k for 8 generators. Then they placed the contract with someone else and spent Half a million on new sets. We were not asked to tender as we were percieved not to be able to cope with the new health and safety regime as we were to cheap. Moral of that story kick them between the legs till the money falls out.