Vermeer or Bandit?

Taupotreeman

I'm currently helping set up an arb division at the local council and they are pruchasing all the gear from scratch (Oh Yeah :thumbup:) I've got about $50K to spend on a chipper. The choices are Vermeer BC1000, Vermeer BC1200, Bandit 90XP, 95XP or 150XP. Now I know I'm probably pushing the proverbial up hill with a sharp stick asking this but has anybody used both and which, if any, are the better machines or are they both pretty much the same?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers bro, can't wait. Just started looking at new trucks today. I offered to buy second hand but they were having none of it. Put in a shopping list the other day for $15k worth of climbing gear, you know, saws, harness, boots, ropes etc. Didn't even blink.

Awesome,What council do you work for now?Ive heard that the vermeers have few more breaking parts over the bandits??.Our new bc1000 doesnt even struggle on big bits of wood,If it fits in the infeed it will go through no bother

Working for Taupo District Council and keeping my own gear to do weekend work and maybe the odd bit when I'm on leave. I can keep the business running and put all by expenses through it :biggrin:

Council is currently looking at a Hino truck. Nothing too big but enough to pull a 9 inch or 12 inch. It'll be based on the split dumps Asplundh use as we can use the same body fabricator to spec up our truck to save designing new plans for an engineer. We still have to look at Mitsi and Isuzu but should be a 4 litre turbo diesel with about 6m3 bin on it give or take. Just don't want to get a 12 inch chipper if we aren't going to use it that much as we will still be contracting out the bigger work. If the inhouse team proves to be more efficient than contracting then we can look at setting up a second crew in a couple of years time.