Finance or Lease hire

Steve Bullman

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been informed that due to the residual value of trucks, decreacing, finance companies have cut the amount of balloon payment at the end of the contract-hence higher monthly payments. :sad:

On the up side second hand vehicles are at an all time low price- which is actually not good for me as am selling two!:thumbdown:

Christmas im looking for a 2003 or newer truck as i aint paying £200 a day to work in london.

I hope this will be a time when people need money so i can grab a bargain.

I would buy out right what you can afford if your stuff is good why upgrade

my transits 1996 old but runs so nice i will only waste money on a newer one as i have to.

.... What i saved will be going in the piggy bank for a rainy day ( listening to the news there is loads coming up and they dont mean the weather)... :scared1:

I think your'e right!

Any finance deals taken out for the next few months will need to be thought through carefully.

I save up a lump and top it up with a bank loan, the bank know my account, what I put in and what i spend. Banks charge a bit more but they want you to win so they can have their share.

The capital purchase now attains 50% tax relief in the first year and there is 20% depreciation written off as well each year.

Interest on loans and bank charges are also tax deductable.

If I was in temporary financial ( cashflow probs) trouble the bank is willing to help , financiers wouldnt.

The finance people just want their share regardless of the pain.

Always take a scheme that leaves you with the item as yours or buy it back at the end.