Arb Fair North----Thank You To All

gustharts

Well the First Arb Fair North is over and we at Gustharts and Orange Plant want thank all of you who attended the event for one or both days. Your support is much appriciated and contributed to making the show as successful as it was. :cheers:

Thank you to all those who travelled long distances especially all the trade stands who had to cart all there gear up too. Thank you to the Arb Association for supporting the whole event including the 3ATC climbing competition with the all new CCC (college climbing competition) which will be held yearly. :thumbup:

I hope everyone and more will come to the 2nd Arb Fair North in 2013 which will have so much more to offer. More competitions, more prizes, but most of all we have and will continue to listen to your suggestions and make sure your wants/needs are fulfilled i.e. a beer tent, better food, etc

Two reasons really, firstly plans are afoot for new premises next year for Gustharts and secondly the workload. So much effort went into getting it off the ground this year that it made it difficult to manage our workload in the shop. If we initially arrange it biannually we can pace out the organization of the event and hopefully in doing so produce a greater show next time around.

There are lots of reasons I enjoyed the First Arb Fair North, apart from the obvious (its closer than other shows, the lush hog roast, the prizes, decent weather and bunch of decent exhibitors) I love the way when you put a load or tree people together you get to realise that our little industry is full of a lot of good folk!

I had great chats with people who know shizzle and have the time to share their thoughts and demo ideas (thanks Paul and Nick)

Cracking banter with people who came from all over the shop.. big hiya to The Inverness School of Forestry and Arb... Mr V it was a pleasure.

Perhaps a little over indulgence with the rest of the campers but we had a good night to BBQ and banter.

Style awards to the myerscough team. . . all I can say is... "Bosh":001_tt2:

Thanks to all the organisers, spesh Nick and peter

Thanks to Tony for your generosity :thumbup1:

At the risk of sounding sentimental or a bit simple It's just great to feel that there are other Arbs about that are up for meeting up networking learning and sharing.....and having a bit of booze cake!!!

Cheers all

ps Hello to Mr Nathan Day, I tried to find you on FB but it seems that there is a small army of you, perhaps I'll bump into you on Arbtalk?

can I ask why is the next one 2013?

I have been to hundreds of different shows over the last 10 years with GreenMech and quite often say that shows like this would be better every two years but planned in tandem with other shows. APF one year, AA the next etc. That way, things have a "freshness" about them, they are incredibly expensive to set up and manage so the sales outlets have to maximise their return. A show is, afterall, a sales event with a social side tacked onto it. If no one buys, no one exhibits. If no one exhibits then there is no show.

My thanks to Gustharts for the effort in putting on the event and our dealer, Arbtech Machinery (Dave Oliver and John Storey as the sales manager) for a good couple of days.

Good Work Gustharts and all associated organisers, it was a really fun show. Well done to Myerscough College for winning the climbing comp and also East Durham & Houghall College students Ash Richardson and Marc Gillbrand on joint-winning the Finest Cut Competition... Full discs cut just 0.68mm in thickness! Looking forward to the next show already :-D

On behalf of the Myerscough team and travelling support, thanks very much Gustharts and Nick, Paul and Tony for running a fun, well oiled and relaxed climbing comp for all students to take part in.

We look forward to putting another team in next time.

Well done Paul, Matt and Rich for bringing back a trophy to Lancashire and bagging yourselves a chainsaw each in the process! :thumbup:

On behalf of the Myerscough team and travelling support, thanks very much Gustharts and Nick, Paul and Tony for running a fun, well oiled and relaxed climbing comp for all students to take part in.

We look forward to putting another team in next time.

Well done Paul, Matt and Rich for bringing back a trophy to Lancashire and bagging yourselves a chainsaw each in the process! :thumbup:

Glad to hear you enjoyed it mate. There are some photos on our Facebook page if its any interest to you. Didnt get many of the actual climbing but a few on their of the presentation and various other stuff.

Gustharts - Arborist & Woodland Supplies | Facebook