Hornets

Paulfreebury

I like em too but they do scare a lot of people - especially when they nest in lofts and chimney's. Some of you won't like to hear this so stop reading now!!

You can purchase a cans of Raid spray here in the supermarkets especially designed for them (fly spray has little effect) which works more like a small fire extinguisher firing a jet rather than a spray, designed for zapping the nest's from a distance. As they die, they release a chemical that sort of "calls for help" to the swarm, hence the need for distance if it is used.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you won't like to hear this so stop reading now!! You can purchase a cans of Raid spray here in the supermarkets especially designed for them (fly spray has little effect) which works more like a small fire extinguisher firing a jet rather than a spray, designed for zapping the nest's from a distance. As they die, they release a chemical that sort of "calls for help" to the swarm, hence the need for distance if it is used.

Not much of a "GreenGui" are you, to suggest killing these beautiful and - if left in peace - harmless wasps, which - luckely - are under protection by law in Germany ?

Not much of a "GreenGui" are you, to suggest killing these beautiful and - if left in peace - harmless wasps, which - luckely - are under protection by law in Germany ?

Steady. :glare: If your re-read my post you can see that I NEVER suggested killing them or indeed stated that I do. I happen to like them as I had already stated. I mentioned the fact about the Raid in supermarkets to illustrate a point; that they are very common in Brittany. Most French "paysans" hate them.

Get down off your high horse and read the post, your not the only one who like nature!!

Edited by GreenGui

Steady. :glare: If your re-read my post you can see that I NEVER suggested killing them or indeed stated that I do. I happen to like them as I had already stated. I mentioned the fact about the Raid in supermarkets to illustrate a point; that they are very common in Brittany. Most French "paysans" hate them. Get down off your high horse and read the post

Humble excuses :blushing: , GreenGui, I would be of my high horse now if I had ever been on one. It must have been me not being a native speaker of the English language :confused1: , which caused me to misunderstand your point and mistake you for a wasp killer. Once again, I'm sorry.

Humble excuses :blushing: , GreenGui, I would be of my high horse now if I had ever been on one. It must have been me not being a native speaker of the English language :confused1: , which caused me to misunderstand your point and mistake you for a wasp killer. Once again, I'm sorry.

Its not just you, I'm a native English speaker and I took form is post that he did kill them.

Thanks Fungus, no worries mate. :thumbup:

Its not just you, I'm a native English speaker and I took form is post that he did kill them.

Strange given I opened the my post with "I like em too", that you would think I would want and do to kill them. I'll leave you with it and bow out now.