Passed my PTI today.

cerneARB

Hi Tony,

Sorry been slack on the forum side of things. Been dropping in and reading the really good threads, nice one!

I am booked in to do the PTI near Bedford with the AA on 21st June-23rd. I will be camping so should work out fairly cheap.

Interested?

Cheers Steve

Cool, I will look into places avaliable on the same days:thumbup1:

For the first 12-18 months the PTI course ran, Lantra Awards issued training certificates using the same layout/format as those for practical skills training, i.e. chainsaws / tree felling, and hence the 5 year expiry thereby requiring refresher/update training.

However this was inappropriate as PTI is a knowledge based course and the requirement is for ongoing CPD, not retraining, which is down to the individual to sort.

Hence, as mentioned above, Lantra Awards will issue a new certificate with no expiry (not sure if there's an admin fee incurred tho. Tel. 02476 419703).

Cheers..

Paul

thanks for clearing that point up paul, that would have put me right off it.:thumbdown:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very big congrat's to ya cerneARB :thumbup:

I know it isn't a training course per se, but have you got any itinerary info' or training schedules for the PTI you could share with us?

Professional Tree Inspection 3 Day Course ? Training

See above for further info but as you say it isn't a typical training course as such but an opportunity to demonstrate 'competnece' at undertaking detailed tree inspections, and recording the relevant info, via a nationally recognised route, i.e. Lantra Awards ITA (Integrated Training & Assessment).

Guy (Watson) delivers the lions share of the AA courses and he's very good indeed.

The assessment, on afternoon of Day 3, consists of:

1. Written Paper -20 short questions (general associated knowledge but much inclusion of Mattheck & SHigo stuff.) = 40% marks

2. Tree Inspection exercise (2x trees and recorded field notes on supplied proforma) = 40%

3. Fungi ID and significance etc. (4x fungi, commonly found on trees and 'open book'.) = 20%

The pass mark is 70% and the tree inspection exercise MUST be passed (both trees scoring 70% individually) otherwise regardless of overall mark, even if above 70%, the course is failed.

The benefit to the course, as will as additional knowldege, is it will assist in demonstrating competence, along with expereince and quals etc., should you be challenged.

Hope this helps.

Cheers..

Paul

Professional Tree Inspection 3 Day Course ? Training

See above for further info but as you say it isn't a typical training course as such but an opportunity to demonstrate 'competnece' at undertaking detailed tree inspections, and recording the relevant info, via a nationally recognised route, i.e. Lantra Awards ITA (Integrated Training & Assessment).

Guy (Watson) delivers the lions share of the AA courses and he's very good indeed.

The assessment, on afternoon of Day 3, consists of:

1. Written Paper -20 short questions (general associated knowledge but much inclusion of Mattheck & SHigo stuff.) = 40% marks

2. Tree Inspection exercise (2x trees and recorded field notes on supplied proforma) = 40%

3. Fungi ID and significance etc. (4x fungi, commonly found on trees and 'open book'.) = 20%

The pass mark is 70% and the tree inspection exercise MUST be passed (both trees scoring 70% individually) otherwise regardless of overall mark, even if above 70%, the course is failed.

The benefit to the course, as will as additional knowldege, is it will assist in demonstrating competence, along with expereince and quals etc., should you be challenged.

Hope this helps.

Cheers..

Paul

paul do you know the right phone number for the bedford date steve posted late june?

Thanks for the additional info Paul.

I have friends who have already achieved this qualification and I know from them that you are already expected to have the knowledge and that there is no training involved as such. I was angling to see if cerneARB had been given any handouts or extra reading matter that would be useful to the rest of us unqualifieds :sneaky2:

Thanks for the additional info Paul.

I have friends who have already achieved this qualification and I know from them that you are already expected to have the knowledge and that there is no training involved as such. I was angling to see if cerneARB had been given any handouts or extra reading matter that would be useful to the rest of us unqualifieds :sneaky2:

"Unqualifieds"???...or rather 'uncertificateds'!

There is a course workbook but it's quite a weighty document to scan and post, and of course it's a deliverable item for those atending the course, along with some additional hand-outs.

Cheers..

Paul

"Unqualifieds"???...or rather 'uncertificateds'!

There is a course workbook but it's quite a weighty document to scan and post, and of course it's a deliverable item for those atending the course, along with some additional hand-outs.

Cheers..

Paul

can the course workbook be "found" online?