Cutting to overbark or underbark specs ?...

Its just dealing with that particular crowd i reckon.....mind you the bark on larch is so thin that its hard to tell TBH, but by MY measurements it's OB.

still cant get my head around selling ob. tdub is the way and always will be IMO who is the euro rep down this way know, only cut for them for 6 months (10 years ago) and left for reasons i only know (wink,wink):confused1:

Its just dealing with that particular crowd i reckon.....mind you the bark on larch is so thin that its hard to tell TBH, but by MY measurements it's OB.

Aye, tis larch and I misheard the agent referring to inches so thought "what the hell"! Spec came thru today in centimetres! For instance a 30cm tdub log will be circa 35cm o/b (x 1.15). Frankly, I prefer cutting to o/b - less to think about! :blushing:

What I mean is I will cut to whatever they want and if they spec. u/b I'll just add the factor and cut o/b cos I'm thick!

Always try to work ob if possible. You get paid by the m³ for everything you cut inc. bark!, and, if you can get away with it, agree a ub price and get paid ob.

You'd be surprised (or not!) how many contractors get done the other way.

Always try to work ob if possible. You get paid by the m³ for everything you cut inc. bark!, and, if you can get away with it, agree a ub price and get paid ob.You'd be surprised (or not!) how many contractors get done the other way.

THATS TOTALLY WRONG:sneaky2:

Most sawmills and merchants pay for softwood by the tonne then leave it at roadside for weeks to dry out. The contractor may lose 20-30% of their money!

THATS TOTALLY WRONG.

Most sawmills and merchants like to pay underbark if payment is by volume as they assume contractors don't realise the 10-15% loss by this method and very rarely is the price increased to compensate.

THATS TOTALLY WRONG.

:sneaky2: