poplar crane removal helmet cam footage

testcricket01

i was going to stick another lump the other side but yard wasnt far away so i went for the wuss's option :001_tt2:

Impressive, nice work. What's the fate of them big lumps?

Look just right for carving, where are you based?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool, so thats a good sized crane for that job, looked a bit small at first, with arm fully extended - but i'm sure all lifts were well within.

i have seen a couple go over with boats and also a double crane/crane boat scenario.

last piece could have had a guy rope to help in its lift I thought - the vid is brilliant, more ground vid's would be a great idea to boost business, plus throw in some footage of the home owners singing your praises to add value!

i have bought a camcorder just for filming from the ground, just need a decent job to film alot, ive got a big ash dismantle soon over 3 gardens nd garage so that might just do it. :thumbup1:

Impressive, nice work. What's the fate of them big lumps?

Look just right for carving, where are you based?

they have all gone for firewood im affraid , i wouldnt have thought poplar is any good for carving?

they have all gone for firewood im affraid , i wouldnt have thought poplar is any good for carving?

Never used it, I've heard it splits quite bad but ok for practice work.

It's all relative any ways - I just spotted where you are. :001_rolleyes: would be an epic journey form here!

Never done any crane work before so sat with great interest through that. Awesome vid, excellent work.

thanks, its far from perfectly done, and far from the fastest we could have done it some of the lifts were nowhere near what we could have lifted but its all in the learning curve better to take off to small than to big :biggrin:

Really good vid, not asking for a price but was there a great difference in price from say yourself with or without the crane or did anyone else price without a crane and how did they compare? nice to see they must have been a realistic customer though. also what helmet cam is that?

Really good vid, not asking for a price but was there a great difference in price from say yourself with or without the crane or did anyone else price without a crane and how did they compare? nice to see they must have been a realistic customer though. also what helmet cam is that?

i charged £1800 for that tree then he wanted two more 30ft pops out at same time so i rounded it up to £2000. as far as i no he didnt have any more quotes. i looked at another job recently dead horsechestnut i wayed up how much it would cost for me with a crane or me spending a couple more days and alot more work and the crane worked out £200 more expensive. but ive told my self im not doing big trees without cranes now. unless no access because its just not worth the wear and tear on you and your workers bodys lifting big rings etc.

the helmet cam is a Vio POV 1.5

hope this helps

Thanks was just curious about the pricing, using the kit is a godsend i work for a bloke who has tractor and timber crane and its suprisng where you can get it when you dont want to lift anything haha. Thanks for the head cam might treat myself to one just not sure which

Thanks was just curious about the pricing, using the kit is a godsend i work for a bloke who has tractor and timber crane and its suprisng where you can get it when you dont want to lift anything haha. Thanks for the head cam might treat myself to one just not sure which

makes such a difference not ringing stuff up. the pov1.5 or the pov 1 are both great also id look at the gopro i wouldnt go for the drift or drift HD though there to big and bulky with rubbish battarys.

pov 1.5 looks quality, but i bet you could rig something cheaper - havent looked but is there a mini usb recorder outthere?

bet maplins have got something

you get what you pay for with camaras i say, but like i said the gopro is worth a look at a good price.