James @ Treeworker- Thank you!

I'm really glad for you, but that has been possible for many year before pintos and revolvers were invented! Pulleys and rope have been around for a while you know.

Sorry, a pinto and pulley on a krab.

Edited by Rupe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I am pleased, welcome to the modern world! I dont mean to be stroppy but as you know I am a septic of these things! It was all there already but it took a pinto and a hitch climber to show you. Thats marketing my friend, how much have you spent on what any old school mariner could have taught you?

No I am pleased, welcome to the modern world! I dont mean to be stroppy but as you know I am a septic of these things! It was all there already but it took a pinto and a hitch climber to show you. Thats marketing my friend, how much have you spent on what any old school mariner could have taught you?

Ive spent some hard wedge, BUT it was arb designed from the start, not some shifty old sea dogs make do.:001_smile:

but honestly it wasnt marketing, Ive waited till now, why? my kit wasnt broke, it didnt need fixing, it was not the marketing that made me buy in, it was the overwhelming majority of not just young "new arbs" but friends ( I call them friends I hope its mutual!:biggrin:) of all ages on here swearing by the set up.

• 2 weeks later...
Been really enjoying playing with this new set of gizmos, today I had my firsat chance to try the 2in 1 advantage made possible by the pinto pulley, hauling my aging arse up this beech today was a breeze after installing it via a throwline!

Im so getting lazy:blushing: (or smarter) and lovin it!:thumbup1:

[ATTACH]64233[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]64234[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]64235[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]64236[/ATTACH]

If anyone is seeing this and thinking oh that looks complicated, DONT:001_smile: It has within two to three weeks become second nature, has increased my efficiency and saved me valuable energy on long days.

I will NEVER go back to a basic rope/prussick combination, I thought I had the old skool down to a fine art and smooth in operations, but this s...s on another level, and every day i find myself laughing about how long it took me to convert to it.

If you still need convincing, just get to an arb show and have a go, youll never ever look back, and now im determined to get my work buddies on it too.:thumbup:

I will NEVER go back to a basic rope/prussick combination, I thought I had the old skool down to a fine art and smooth in operations, but this s...s on another level, and every day i find myself laughing about how long it took me to convert to it.

I remember the conversation we had on the way to Broadway for that ATF trip a while back with you saying you couldn't see the point in all these new fangled gizmos & hitches

"Kicking & screaming they shall come out of their caves & into the light"

:lol:

I remember the conversation we had on the way to Broadway for that ATF trip a while back with you saying you couldn't see the point in all these new fangled gizmos & hitches

"Kicking & screaming they shall come out of their caves & into the light"

:lol:

I didnt kick and scream, always willing to listen and learn, well some of the time I will listen!:lol:

Looks good Hama, not revolutionary, but I like the reduced friction and throw line setup.

However, has anyone noticed the rope that runs into the top pulley rubbing against the gate of the karabiner?

A double pulley would be slicker, easier, cheaper and lighter, I think.

yes and good spot, now since replaced by a DMM revolver:thumbup:

• 1 month later...
Looks good Hama, not revolutionary, but I like the reduced friction and throw line setup.

However, has anyone noticed the rope that runs into the top pulley rubbing against the gate of the karabiner?

A double pulley would be slicker, easier, cheaper and lighter, I think.

gave this comment some thought, bingo, loving this setup now.:thumbup1:

59765ba25cc57_oakfelland4to1advant002.jpg.92786150227954b8cf881ec03032ef54.jpg

59765ba25ff3a_oakfelland4to1advant006.jpg.3e90de82f5ac5d1a66b0ee9925dbe5fa.jpg