rollers on entec problems

ms660isthebest

Hi there after some advice/ parts for an entec 6" chipper

I am having problems with the feed rollers and beleive the problem to be the tension on the hydraulic pump belt. The aluminium pulley that it sits in looks worn as the top of the belt sits about 5mm deep inside the pully.

The mount for the hydraulic pump is ajustable and looks like it has been adjusted to its max. I am looking for a pulley either aluminium or i think they made a metal one. It is 160mm diameter.

Can I just get a belt that is slightly smaller to get the tension I need? Or do I need to get a new/second hand pulley.

I would be grateful for any advice/parts or HELP. 07818018400

If you need a new pulley take a look at Bearings, Ball & SKF Bearings, Safety Boots, Castors, Wedge & V Belts

I fitted ine of their "Taperlock" pulleys to my Entec chippit, was real easy. All you need to know is the diameter of the pulley, how many groves you need in the pulley and the diameter of the shaft you are fitting it to. I found the easiest way was to look at the pulley first, then it will list the size of "Taperlock Bearing" you need to fit it to the shaft size you have. Hope this helps!:thumbup1:

Hi big T I do think the aluminium pulley is quite worn. Timberwolf say this is an obsolete part. Are you saying that you used a pulley from another manufacturers was same spec. Do you mind me asking how much the pulley was.

Hiya!

The pulley I used was cast steel. I very much doubt if Timberwolf had the pulleys specially manafactured, they prob just dont keep them on their shelves anymore! The pulley I used was fitted to the engine shaft, to drive the flywheel pulley belts. Im not sure if you need the same type of pulley but its worth having a look at that website, they have all sorts of stuff on there! I think my pulley (called a "Taperlock") was about £14, and the "Taper Bearing" (bit that goes inside the pulley to fit it to the engine shaft) was about £4!

Had a look at the belt I have been told that these entecs take a 900 or a 925 belt the one on there is marked 1000. I'm thinking maybe this is the wrong belt that's why the hydraulic pump mount is tensioned to its max I am going to try a shorter belt.

I bought a new 13mm x 900 drive belt from Mill Auto`s (local motor factors) yesterday for £6, so might be worth trying a local motor factors!

£302! Good job im sitting down! lol!

They have loads of stuff on that website. As long as you know;

1) The Diameter of the shaft that you need to fit the pulley to.

2) The Diameter of the pulley you want.

3) The type and size of belt (s) you need the pulley to drive.

Then you should find something that will fit!