• Hardly ever

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all just catching up with your post's

Spider cheers good to see some considered actions, great feed bake will mull your points over, but I do feal on first couple of reads, that a hand saw to finsh cuts in nearly all your situations or breack cuts would aliminate the need to use the saw one handed. Time is no reasone for unsafe, I could not agree more.

Better use of rigging might be somthing you could consider to reduce your fequence of one handed use, the less you do somthing the chance is reduced. Look at a game of russain rulett.

As for those how seem to just want to hasle the guy who is pointing somthing out that you do that you know is dangurose, oh is only trying to help you out and make your job and life easer and safer, very big... we are all impressed.

Ps rentachimp, thought you might be chopping more leeks in practice for the move?

Hi all just catching up with your post's

Spider cheers good to see some considered actions, great feed bake will mull your points over, but I do feal on first couple of reads, that a hand saw to finsh cuts in nearly all your situations or breack cuts would aliminate the need to use the saw one handed. Time is no reasone for unsafe, I could not agree more.

Better use of rigging might be somthing you could consider to reduce your fequence of one handed use, the less you do somthing the chance is reduced. Look at a game of russain rulett.

As for those how seem to just want to hasle the guy who is pointing somthing out that you do that you know is dangurose, oh is only trying to help you out and make your job and life easer and safer, very big... we are all impressed.

Ps rentachimp, thought you might be chopping more leeks in practice for the move?

i asked my groundie a climber of 24 years to monitor my one handed use today and he recons i used it approx 150 times one handed and totaly ligitimate and about 10 times as an illigitimate but safely now i was doing sycamore reductions and if i had used silky would have had loads of tears and snaps or would have had to reduce further in cutting and holding very close to my wrists with silky which has cut me several times and are a lot more dangerous than we give them credit for

Bob sure pruning saw bite to but which would you rather have bite you in truth. So you made 150 cuts at full strech with two ancorse in one sycamoore to reduce it? Please justify or give ore detail... good to see you all thinking about this and looking at what you are doing cheers for the input, it sould realy help me out.

Joust a couple of thoughts/observations.

25 years ago there was not as many of us climbing trees properly (or tying to) and there was therefore less competition and pressure. Now you know you are pricing against your competitors, therefore it gets priced for the time etc you estimate it will take, you are pricing to do the job in a given time. If you priced to complete a job in a day are you going to repostion for every cut and go into a second day and postpone that days work?

Likewise there are a lot of climbers employed etc who will get at least a :002: if they dont finish the job on time so will therefore do what they need to get finished.

Therefore the point is how many would be happy to go by the book if they were rewarded for doing it as opposed to potentially being penalised?

For the record I dont normally use a 'T' cos I aint got round to buying one yet, but when I have used them I am no different to the majority :post:

Industry speed is somthing that takes time, we as anindusrty never seem to alow for that time. The more you do something one way the quicker you become. As for the pricing thing, you need to price to do a job and to do it right. The more every one dose this the more we educate the publice the more chance we have of competive quoting with other firms. If some one want to do a job for a pitence let them, they won't be around long term because it won't pay. It a bitch and one point well raised and one we need to more clearly address as an industry for sure. So shout about it...