Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Harrison2604

Not wearing any gloves then?

Noo man, I find it harder to work with gloves as silly as it may sound.

I don't like the loss of flexability and feel when wearing thick gloves. Plus they just make my hands all sweaty and sticky... just not nice!

I wear them now and again, sometimes when it's raining and sometimes when climbing for grip but it's just personal preference isn't it mate :thumbup1:

Edited by Harrison2604

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not at all! :thumbup1: I admit ive done one handed use, but on this occasion no :001_rolleyes:

Maybe I should check when I had my last Tetanus jab!

Gloves is preference, and so is common sense when working with thorns.

If you were holding a back handle saw properly why didnt your little finger or knuckle get it?

If you were holding a back handle saw properly why didnt your little finger or knuckle get it?

I agree mate I agree, but it was a rather hot day and it was a quick job... I didn't expect to have something like this happen but oh well, it happens and I'm not too fussed, its only a small wound! Cant expect to walk out unharmed when working with hawthorn

I was using a 200t and it was on its side so my left hand was far over on the front grip

I agree mate I agree, but it was a rather hot day and it was a quick job... I didn't expect to have something like this happen but oh well, it happens and I'm not too fussed, its only a small wound! Cant expect to walk out unharmed when working with hawthorn

I was using a 200t and it was on its side so my left hand was far over on the front grip

Cut corners and things go wrong.

Good luck in Oz.

Ow that looks sore mate!!! I had a similar one years ago that snapped off and had to be cut out with a scalpel in the end.......

Not wearing any gloves then?

......and i WAS wearing gloves- straight through tghe leather, my finger, and out the other side of the leather glove.....almost no glove on the market will stop that sort of thorn.

Who cares?:confused1: He hurt himself, silly / poor guy.

Thanks for the pics mate. Hope it heals soon:thumbup1:

Sorry to hear about your injury with a thorn haha.

Yeah well, this bit of Hawthorn got caught in the chain so it came back to me at quite some speed!! It was through my finger in a millisecond.

I dont believe I was doing anything 'wrong'... it got caught in the chain which is not something I have control over and thats the end of that really. Yeaah I could have worn gloves but I don't like too. Sometimes these things happen and like you said, I doubt a glove would have stopped it penetrating anyway.

Thanks for the comment

Edited by Harrison2604