Skidsteer loaders

Tree cutter Stu

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as Ed knows I bought one of these recently (small s20d) and it's a very useful little machine, it'll manoeuvre in tiny spaces and carry a useful load to a good height with the 500mm-odd tele boom extension. Mine came with a 3pl and aux. hyds for the back, handy for a small vertical splitter &c. Grip not too good on stock skidsteer wheels but a change of rubber should improve this - and it can walk its way out of a bog, as I just discovered. Biggest mystery so far (no manual) is where to check/top up hyd oil. Maybe they forgot to put a dipstick on mine. Ed?

Those tools are great if you have lots of work with good access. Sadly most urban domestic work and post war housing has such narrow access. With the result that mini loaders would rarely be used round here. Probably only 5% of customers and then I probably could use the Botex anyway.

We had a large oak 200 odd meters from the road. with only just enough room to get a bobcat in. The skid steer is great very manoeuvrable but harsh on the ground. It trashed the grass, a drain cover , pond electrics, underground phone/internet cable and a patio area.

It was great fun could lift logs into our 8 ton grain trailer and the perfect tool for the job but not much use everyday.

STA70166.jpg.709579f5cd288bee4054b6cac14650a9.jpg