Quick question about health of Ash tree...

Big J

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

lol. It'll be a white rot anyway, so it'll be eating away at it's Cellulose and Lignin... :thumbdown: These are basically what makes up the structure and strength of the wood so it's not good news.

In later stages it will end in the collapse of the tree as Lignin pretty much provides the structural strength needed by the tree... Without lignin trees would collapse on themselves.

The tree will no longer be able to flex and bend in the wind... which leads to bye bye.

Feel free to correct me. :thumbup1:

Thankyou for all the replies chaps!

I showed the head forester yesterday, and he wasn't too happy about it. The management company want to start thinning out the mature trees anyway, so this may well be the first to go.

Jonathan

lol. It'll be a white rot anyway, so it'll be eating away at it's Cellulose and Lignin... :thumbdown: These are basically what makes up the structure and strength of the wood so it's not good news.

In later stages it will end in the collapse of the tree as Lignin pretty much provides the structural strength needed by the tree... Without lignin trees would collapse on themselves.

The tree will no longer be able to flex and bend in the wind... which leads to bye bye.

Feel free to correct me. :thumbup1:

dont even get me started! wrong wrong wrong!:001_tt2:

soft rot is more serious in rot type, white rot and selective white rot in particular are not as serious, this is due to the differences in flexability and white rot in most cases actualy increases the trees ability to flex until very advanced stages.

Ganoderma australe is however, particulary on diffuse porus wood, rather aggressive and ive been caught out by its speed in ripping through horse chestnut.

a correct diagnosis is reqiured (via spores) before a decent prognosis can be aqiured:001_cool:

dont even get me started! wrong wrong wrong!:001_tt2:

soft rot is more serious in rot type, white rot and selective white rot in particular are not as serious, this is due to the differences in flexability and white rot in most cases actualy increases the trees ability to flex until very advanced stages.

Ganoderma australe is however, particulary on diffuse porus wood, rather aggressive and ive been caught out by its speed in ripping through horse chestnut.

a correct diagnosis is reqiured (via spores) before a decent prognosis can be aqiured:001_cool:

Damn. I have said it a million times, I'm not top notch when it comes to Fungi, I just wish I was :001_tongue:

It's hard man, theres so much out there!

Don't tell me I'm wrong about the Lignin bit? Otherwise this book I'm reading is utter tosh.

:thumbdown: