Another Home-made Rope Guide Thread

Liam88

Ben, Drew will be SO disappointed in you. :sneaky2:

Oh, the shame! :biggrin:

He loves it! Always winding me up. Last time he was trying to get me to buy my mrs a treemotion just for rec climbing!! Shes got bored of it now, so its a good thing I didnt! What a wind up mechant!:laugh1: Sorry to disappoint you Drew:lol: Want to do me an example one?? haha

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeha but bro if you had of bought here one, you'd now have it:)

Im probably not going to splice my new pinto either as limits its uses, but ill do a loop splice just to see how it goes. i did one a while ago and forgot to use rleasable knots and spliced the whole thing witha knot left in the middle..

Im probably not going to splice my new pinto either as limits its uses, but ill do a loop splice just to see how it goes. i did one a while ago and forgot to use rleasable knots and spliced the whole thing witha knot left in the middle..

Ha ha, I did exactly the same thing but wasn't going to own up to it:biggrin: Felt like a right idiot when I finished and realised what I had done.

Haha good one :sneaky2::thumbup1:

Haha, funny you should say that Drew. I think if you hadn't mentioned it I would have tried to do it a short as possible by just using an over hand knot for holding both sides of the core in place.. Maybe an alpine butterfly would be better. Trying to be too clever doesn't suit me!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Wanting to make a rope guide, I've started to splice some silver streak on to a pinto.

Only thing is im stuck :confused1:

Splicing the second eye onto the pinto is bloody awkward to say the least. There doesn't seem to be enough length in the I2I to complete the final bury.

Would really appreciate any tips or advice. Pic attached, 1000 words & all that :biggrin:

Dan

IMG-20110605-00266.jpg.0f4ab9cb3fec03873d6fe01033e9a42e.jpg

DONE! :biggrin:

It took me shifting as much of the cover slack over to the unfinished eye side & putting a prussic onto it. then anchoring the prussic & milking it. then doing it again & again till it was fully buried, or until my hands were sore :blushing:

IMG-20110606-00267.jpg.79e783769410ded56d949a98b6bfeace.jpg