Crazy Paint Job for an Aston!

PeteB

Is it a pre-production prototype with a disruptive pattern paint job to make it hard to distinguish the shape?

Manufactorers often mask them or disguise them when they are undergoing road trials to avoid the press or other marques getting a sneak preview.

Living near Gaydon you see loads of these going about, Peter is right about the pre-production, Aston, Jaguar and Land/Range Rover all use the same paint job. From the photo's these look more like a facelift for the Jaguar XK.

I sold a woodchipper to LandRover/Aston/Jag for the proving ground. Amazing to see all manner of stuff - some disguised and some not being trashed around the track. I would dearly love to get in the onsite scrapyard with a recovery truck. Some cars get "modified" and then crushed as they cannot be sold because the are not "approved" or crash tested!

Yes, I had a summer job mowing the grass up there years ago now, and like you say some of the prototypes and race spec cars up there are awesome. It's just a shame I don't have a spare £150,000 ish in my pocket, really must try down the back of the sofa mind.

I sold a woodchipper to LandRover/Aston/Jag for the proving ground. Amazing to see all manner of stuff - some disguised and some not being trashed around the track. I would dearly love to get in the onsite scrapyard with a recovery truck. Some cars get "modified" and then crushed as they cannot be sold because the are not "approved" or crash tested!

A few years ago I saw a shiny Bentley (prototype?) roll out of a covered truck, the scrapyard workers then proceeded to tear it limb from limb with 2 orange peel grabs under the watchful eye of a “Bentley bloke” in white coat ticking of items on his checklist and occasionally pointing at a bit that wasn’t sufficiently devastated.

When they finished it was utterly destroyed.