What bar?

ecolojim

Well, since a wonderful sycamore trunk decided to 'Casey the punisher' my guidebar yesterday, I need a new 20" for the 372. If the original husky bar is Oregon made then I'm assuming it's a pro-lite, so what about the same again? How about a power match plus? Any other suggestions, cheapest price would be good too

Cheers

Jim

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300609128.023992.jpg.96ea3009f2eab11a32896a9b0c8c857d.jpg

The pro-lite bars are good They're cheap which is the best thing in their favour i have a few. I personally prefer the power match plus bars. These have a replaceable tip. I find these suit my cutting. I've got one bar thats had 3 noses on it and the rails of the main bar are still in good nick. Downside is that they are about twice as much as their pro lite counterpart. Last nose i got was about 40 quid. However a 40 quid nose on a 36" guidebar is much cheaper than a new 36" guide bar.

Well, since a wonderful sycamore trunk decided to 'Casey the punisher' my guidebar yesterday, I need a new 20" for the 372. If the original husky bar is Oregon made then I'm assuming it's a pro-lite, so what about the same again? How about a power match plus? Any other suggestions, cheapest price would be good too

Cheers

Jim

[ATTACH]59839[/ATTACH]

2 options here jim if it's about price......

1) but bar in vice and bend her back to summat like or

2) get a bent chain to run on said bent bar

:thumbup:

yeah clarks prices were some of the very few Id come across, and seemed pretty favourable. you're mere pence out as it goes, on the PMP anyway. do all the other usual suspects not sell bars, only chains? seems odd, but there are numerous other shiny bits ive seen on clarks website so this afternoon could get expensive... as if I hadnt priced this cursed job badly enough already! haha

yeah i could use it for going round corners couldnt I, or mass producing decorative S-shaped wooden items :D

New Saw Chains - Oregon Chainsaw Saw Chains, Guide Bars, Oil & Accessories at below trade prices! FREE UK delivery on all Bars and Chains! Tel: 01202 580612 seem good value but don't have any of the powermatch bars in at the mo according to their website.

That looks quite a gente curve rather than a sharp bend - I reckon you could straighten that enough to use in the short term and keep as a spare, just try not to be too rough when straightening it.

Our local Husky dealer is convinced that the husky bars are made by Oregon but I'm not quite so sure, or if they are then they've come out of the seconds bin. Paint usually comes off almost immediately, rails seem to wear quicker and the only times I've ever had a nose sprocket go or bent a bar have been on husky bars - could all be coincidental but that's just my thoughts.

could well be right chris. It's twisted along its length as well as bent, and im guessing laminated so not sure how far me, a vice, a hammer and possibility of heat would actually go. obviously never going to be a daily use bar again. what's your tendency? powermatch pro or pro-lite?

could well be right chris. It's twisted along its length as well as bent, and im guessing laminated so not sure how far me, a vice, a hammer and possibility of heat would actually go. obviously never going to be a daily use bar again. what's your tendency? powermatch pro or pro-lite?

Ah, hadn't noticed the twist. Worth a try though (but wouldn't heat it as it'll change the temper of the steel) - I managed to bend one quite sharply one morning, didn't have a spare with me but get it back straight enough to finish the day off just with a hammer, bolster and the top of the winch. you've just to try and apply the same forces but in the opposite direction if that makes sense? Bit like car body panels but stronger.

Of pro lite and powermatch I've only ever used prolite (as that's all that's been available locally when I've needed it) but the 372 is most likely getting a powermatch on it when the bar that's on wants replacing.

Edited by Chris Sheppard