cs 38 help!!!!!

mattie45620

didnt know you could shuffel? i was told that you fail if you do that because it shows lack of confidence?

proberly not a fail but they wont be ammused by it. On a limb walk you have to walk otherwise it wouldnt be called a limb walk they wont give you a difficult limb that needs you to shuffle so they wont be happy if you do

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it's called a limbwalk. But if you get out there they can't argue. I did mine on a tall sycamore which had a crown starting very high. Rather steep angle. Had to shuffle. Just put your strop loose underneath and it stops your pendulum swing. Do it on all my big limbwalks/shuffles.

Yes it's called a limbwalk. But if you get out there they can't argue. I did mine on a tall sycamore which had a crown starting very high. Rather steep angle. Had to shuffle. Just put your strop loose underneath and it stops your pendulum swing. Do it on all my big limbwalks/shuffles.

thanks for that, what happens when you come to a limb coming off the one your walking on and ur strop us underneeth? are you allowed to take it off and put it the other side or would you fail for that?

thanks for that, what happens when you come to a limb coming off the one your walking on and ur strop us underneeth? are you allowed to take it off and put it the other side or would you fail for that?

yes you are allowed to do that. AFAIK the assessment requires a walk with a strop and one without. With a strop it means you scramble out to the tip of an awkward branch and clip on at the end. They have no qualms about clipping on early and having it loose.

You would fail if you tried to take your main line out to tie onto it!

yes you are allowed to do that. AFAIK the assessment requires a walk with a strop and one without. With a strop it means you scramble out to the tip of an awkward branch and clip on at the end. They have no qualms about clipping on early and having it loose.

You would fail if you tried to take your main line out to tie onto it!

thanks, so basicaly if you are attached on your main line your ok

by the way John Dawson, me and mat are both riseholme students

Yeah, thats me!

Sorry chaps, im rubbish with names on a good day!

Just for the record, my assessor guidance notes from 2003 state a pole rescue is compulsory.

The problem is that i have still yet to witness a pole rescue as part of an assessment.

Regardless of this, you guys @ college should(!) be perfectly able to sail through an assessment without breaking a sweat. Swot up on the schedule and keep calm. :thumbup: