new helmet legislation

ecolojim

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small head here,,,My Vertex vent is too big, I had to add padding to the headband to get it to fit properly, Ecrin roc fits better but the earmuffs don't sit as well...

I tried the Pacific kevlar over here in OZ...comparable in weight to the Ecrin, it sits VERY comfortably, comes in white, has a big vent on the crown, that opens and closes, the chin strap harness fits nicely too, comes with or without a peak...will take stihl muffs...I'm going to save up for one!

Edelrid helmets all the way for my little head.

Strong and good fitment and the eardefenders screw on so problems with them popping out like the older vertex did (i kicked it out of the tree in the end in a hissy fit!)

I know a few people training IRATA and working up at NARC and they all swear by them to.

Most out door ed centres use them to put the kids in as well, super robust and good adjustablility.

So people generally have a problem with the fit of vertex, particularly on small heads. What about the other mountaineering style helmets? Would be interesting to know if they are any better fitting.

There are I believe two different sizes for the vertex, I'm replacing my winter mountaineering one and I'm sure there were two different sizes in Cotswolds.

There are I believe two different sizes for the vertex, I'm replacing my winter mountaineering one and I'm sure there were two different sizes in Cotswolds.

if you take the square bit out of the back and twist it round it makes the headband slightly bigger that may be what you,ve heard about and as mentioned you can get a bigger padding for the front