Another Poplar Job.

Rupe

I'm bored of poplars but heres some pics of another job coming up soon. Its not often I take pictures before work starts, usually I forget all together. We won't be doing this until about two weeks time.

This is local Authority work, job spec for this tree is pollard to 5-6m.

Whether thats a good decision is not really up for debate as its not my decision.

The tree has some root plate issues. In the first pic you can see some Heras fencing to the left, that where its twin fell in the lake.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they are taking them that low they may aswell pull them out totally. But hey who am I...

Looks a decent enough job tho. Nice high profile work :-)

The Local Authority are into leaving standing trunks, especially in this park. In the third pic you can see a Beech trunk leaning the opposite way to, and behind, the Poplar. That trunk is an old uprooted Beech that is now chained into another as a standing eco-pile thing.

I get to choose if, if I want to fell it in one I can, but they would prefer it left high and I don't want to move the lower trunk section. I have to do some testing to see if I want to climb/rig it (only tarmac path below to worry about, and some other trees) or fell it.

I get to choose if, if I want to fell it in one I can, but they would prefer it left high and I don't want to move the lower trunk section. I have to do some testing to see if I want to climb/rig it (only tarmac path below to worry about, and some other trees) or fell it.

This is how I leave them at 5-6m :001_smile:

• 1 month later...

Finally got on to this today, nice weather for it.

Our method statement said we would guy the tree back to the smaller Beech trees behind to stabalise the tree for rigging.

Other methods were put forward, mewp, crane etc but they came with higher price tag.

THe pink lines are guys, they run down the stems of the two beech trees and are tied off at the bottom using ratchet straps to tension them.

The blue line is the rigging line. We mostly boshed off the branches but rigged some larger wood to avoid damaging the path below.

5976538d842fc_guy3.jpg.74f415ad4ba116fb158c87579b0a4264.jpg

5976538d8225f_guy5.jpg.98927aa2eef17066e532b863761f98a6.jpg

5976538d80205_guy6.jpg.d9ff9413dcd4574085eebfe7080dd7e1.jpg