Level 4 diploma Westonbirt

evergreen

Nick, i wanted to do it at Kingston Maurward (about 25 miles away from me), but they can't get enough interest to justify running the course - real shame, as i allways really enjoyed doing my quals there.

Just hoping i can find somewhere reasonably close to do it as it could be a real time consuming effort otherwise (like you im trying to run my own business at the same time!).

I really want the qual though so hopefully i will sort something out in the end!

Hi Yaffle

Sorry to hear that, its so annoying when you have a passion to do something and it isnt panning out right.

I think if you can get other people interested, Tree Life will run a course near you. It might be worth calling them just to see if anyone else in the area has expressed an interest. Might be a long shot but it might just be possible. Good luck yaffle.

Cheers

Nick

Yeah i had a peek at their website.... they look very good actually.

I just feel the need to keep learning more and more about this subject - after all arb is constantly changing and adapting and its essential to keep pace with it - not just with knowledge but with an up to date collection of tickets and quals.

Just need to try and find an institution near-by to teach me!!

• 1 year later...

Harmony Arb has mentioned £3k fees, but does anyone have more details on the fees applicable to the Level 4 Diploma this year? Is it a modular course? Tree Life say 15 classroom based tutorial sessions at the selected venue over 10 months - is this the full requirement or part of the picture? Doesn't seem like a lot, although 15 days annual leave is obviously a hefty big chunk out of the annual allowance :001_rolleyes: Many thanks for any further information :thumbup1:

Hi Guys

Im going to Westonbirt to study towards the level 4 Diploma in arboriculture with Tree Life in October 2011. Any one else going?

Cheers

Nick

Forget the level and the outcome, it will be the the best learning experience you will ever have and be a sound investment for the future:thumbup1:

Hi,

Brilliant lecturers, but the structure of the course makes it subjective, turns out Dave Dowson and Andy Summerley mini mes.

They write, teach, and assess the course. there seems to be a conflict of interests.

I have great respect for them both but think access to a wider knowledge base would be advantageous.