25 ton firewood hardwood wanted west devon

janjan

Hey Guys

Reference the REALLY BIG OUCH the cheapest quote i had for haulage from Cumbria to Cornwall was just under £1000 hence the £125 a ton sorry but its out of my hands.

And Yes there is still profit to be made depending on how greedy you are?.

Hodge you were close with 3 but we actually get 3.5 bulk bags per ton

3.5 cube per ton sold at a minimum of £65 per cube plus delivery =£227.5 per ton or £102.5 profit per ton which if you get a bulker of 25 ton would give you a £2562.5 profit.

i was saying ouch at the cost due to the haulage, there is not alot you can do about haulage costs. :001_smile:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know dude the haulage company's are running at £2+ per mile which is fair considering the ridiculous price fuel at the mo.

i got 26 tonne a year ago @ £35 per tonne and paid £8 per tonne for haulage, my last load was £41 per tonne and £13 per tonne for haulage!! i have now been offered 26 tonne @ £64 inc vat per tonne delivered in. its just gonna keep going up and up.:thumbdown:

Hey Guys

Reference the REALLY BIG OUCH the cheapest quote i had for haulage from Cumbria to Cornwall was just under £1000 hence the £125 a ton sorry but its out of my hands.

And Yes there is still profit to be made depending on how greedy you are?.

Hodge you were close with 3 but we actually get 3.5 bulk bags per ton

3.5 cube per ton sold at a minimum of £65 per cube plus delivery =£227.5 per ton or £102.5 profit per ton which if you get a bulker of 25 ton would give you a £2562.5 profit.

Why would anyone cart logs the length of the country, and when you say a bulk bag is that 1000x1000x10000 because if so the load cell on my lifting gear is well out, the reason i say this is i have weighed many 850x850x850 bulk bags of part seasoned hardwood logs and not one as weighed more than

360kg making 1.5m3 around a tonne, by the way the load cell was regulary calibrated.

1 Tonne of wet beech turns into 1.5 cu metres of loose logs its even been recorded somewhere and we have found this time and again. So an 850mm bulk back contains .56cu metres so it all ties up. Dragging 26 tonne of cord wood more than 60 miles generally kills the log job. :biggrin: