just dreaming

Tom D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no the 6x6 had the same engine as the 4x4. its the 6 litre 330 unit. internals made of chocolate and plasticene.

Yours may have flew carrying a few squaddies, but you try driving one at 17 tonnes on the 4x4 or 26 tonnes on the 6x6. Just dont want to know.

As Ed says the TM 6x6 is crap by 6x6 standard & at £15k that’s about £12K to much with the VAT! :scared1:

2.5 years ago Scammell S26 6x6 (RR eagle 350hp) with tipper body & Atlas 3008 with clamshell bucket were £4000 + VAT laying in the UK & there were some of the same that were ex UN reserve (from the UK MoD) laying in Holland (Rotterdam) that were immaculate (<3000km) for €12K + shipping.

no the 6x6 had the same engine as the 4x4. its the 6 litre 330 unit. internals made of chocolate and plasticene.

Yours may have flew carrying a few squaddies, but you try driving one at 17 tonnes on the 4x4 or 26 tonnes on the 6x6. Just dont want to know.

Bear in mind we had just jumped out of our Mks and into TMs and it was 20 years ago when wagons could only be driven by real men, we still had Aec Matadors :scared1:

Mark, I think the later ones got the 500 240hp versions as they were breaking so many 330's. Thats the story I was told.

Dean - I remember thinking how luxurious the AWD versions were :D

AEC? luverly. I know a guy used to run a Mammoth Major on timber up till about 10 years ago...

Can anyone suggest a good 4x4 lorry, I've jsut put one of my lads through his class 2 and want to change our U1500 and Fortuna trailer for modern lorry which we can chip into daily and carry a decent amount of timber when required. Any coments appreciated.

Can anyone suggest a good 4x4 lorry, I've jsut put one of my lads through his class 2 and want to change our U1500 and Fortuna trailer for modern lorry which we can chip into daily and carry a decent amount of timber when required. Any coments appreciated.

If your dead set on 4x4, then mercedes would be my first choice.

Best value would be an ex snowplough 1820 (18t gvw, 200hp), or a 1317 if you can track one down.