What the hell am i doing wrong?!?

Poacher

Logging away yesterday with my Husky 353, got a bit carried away and ran out of fuel. Filled her up and now she wont start! I am sure i am over looking something but cannot figure out what. :blushing:

I pulled the plug and that looks a bit black so leaned it off 1/3rd of a turn and cleaned it up. Got a nice healthy spark too. I tried it with the choke on/off decomp button works good and the plug is getting wet after a few tugs.

Any ideas before i peg it in the river? :sneaky2:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afraid to say i thought i may have flooded it, so i did the plug out and upside down/give it a few tugs bit. Also gave it a bit of low pressure air from the compressor to help dry things out, i did notice it was dripping a bit of fuel from down where the fuel line goes to the tank, not sure if thats where the breather is.

I have the same problem with my old 66. When I run it out of fuel it won't start. I have to leave it for a few minutes and then try again. Tried the plug thing but the plug is always bone dry though when i finally get the saw started up it sounds like it has been flooded. I have to feather the throttle until it revs enough that it won't stall.

I have the same problem with my old 66. When I run it out of fuel it won't start. I have to leave it for a few minutes and then try again. Tried the plug thing but the plug is always bone dry though when i finally get the saw started up it sounds like it has been flooded. I have to feather the throttle until it revs enough that it won't stall.

Do you restart it on choke or after refueling?

I've tried with choke, without choke, half throttle it just doesn't seem to want to fire up. I tried watching the fuel and when it's running low I'll stop and refuel. It's not too bad if I can refuel quick enough but if I take just that little bit too long it won't have a bar of it.