For Mrtree and Hammy

Stephen Blair

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is such a sad sorry state of affairs, the general public applauding the removal of a magnificent tree, an arborist who has no remorse whatsoever, not even an acknowledgement of the loss of this organism from this earth.

the sadest thing of all, that all of this is just a lack of knowledge and of trust.

that tree stood on that hill for 300 years, and not even a whiff of decay at an age when most would be showing at the least some G pfiefferi at the buttressing.

it upsets me, im sorry, but i just cant accept that this was justifiable, and as far as I am concerned all the spectators, the owners and the fella should at least have the natural empathy/respect to have some remorse over this.

I would have reduced that for the pure pleasure of it, took a photo told them not to worry about paying me then let them get someone else to fell it! lol

that would have been such a nice tree to reduce/work on, would have took it well at that age, they dont stop being bouncy till at around 250 years old then the enbrittlment starts and extension slows till eventually only ramification of buds takes place.

still she be gone now, so totaly pointless, but I just love big beeches, always have and will.

We have a MASSIVE beech to reduce in next few weeks. Tree report reccomended 40-50% crown reduction. Infested with Kreautzmaria duetzia.(s'cuse the spelling).

Would you like some pictures of how to save a veteran tree???