Hi From Devon

Chickem

Hi I'm chickem

and I need help please!:blushing:

I have been referred to this site by a couple of members of the downsizer forum who said that you could give me some knowledgeable advice.....

My neighbour:BoomSmilie_anim:

decided to remove his half of a devon bank at the weekend leaving us with this.....Is it safe?

Thanks

IMAG0038.jpg.9814d9983c29220758e6eff9b19590ae.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg.7751ceb1b2eef8929070a85199cc40f3.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg.23851fabea51ea42888142ba3c1b3e97.jpg

DSC00119.jpg.989c54a976b9671015a94204d443a90c.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I'm chickem

and I need help please!:blushing:

I have been referred to this site by a couple of members of the downsizer forum who said that you could give me some knowledgeable advice.....

My neighbour:BoomSmilie_anim:

decided to remove his half of a devon bank at the weekend leaving us with this.....Is it safe?

Thanks

Get in touch with your council straight away. The first high wind that comes along will probably have it over.

Best wishes,

John Russell

I phoned the council today and they sent a chap from Highways who was very noncommital who is refering it to the tree warden.

My OH got the impression..." it was just another neighbours dispute":001_rolleyes:

It hasn't got a TPO on it afaik

We're really not happy about it.

Not only have we lost the tree but will be out of pocket too.

How much would it cost to have something like that removed bearing in mind that it has 2 oil tanks approx 2m away and phone cables near

oh yes and near a main A road

I would have thought that as the neighbour has now endangered your property by removing the root structure, he is now responsible for the cost of removing the hazard i.e. the tree. I would also suggest that, once you have contacted the council and had them look at it etc (not knowing all council TPO rules in the UK) you get the neighbour to get it down ASAP. I would also ring your insurance company and let them know as if you don't and the tree falls the insurance company might not cough up.