mud terrains

John Shutler

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put new bfg mt on mine 2 months ago in short supply then. £495 all in . Quiet and grip excellent on tarmac or thick mud and snow what more do you want from a tyre. The budget stuff has got very close to the price of a proper tyre so I would just go for it if you get really stuck let me know my tyre man will get some for you.

to be totally honest there is not a factory endorsed tyre for most of the current 4x4's , infact most munufacturers will void your warante if you fit mud terrains. Western power tend not to fit them unless they really have too . I run BFG MT2's on my ranger and can not fault them , they are a fair bit better than the origional mud terrains when off road and roughly as good as the old ones on the road . i would keep looking for some BFG's if i was you but should you not be able to get any then maybe try a set of these - Google Image Result for http://www.extreme4x4.co.uk/acatalog/insasptrack3L.jpg

my bfg all terains just havnt worked for me this winter, so im after some mud tyres. was after some bfg muds but 235/70/16s are proving hard to source. so im after some ideas. gotta be fairly good on road noise as my pick up is my daily driver

cheers

go to micheldever tyres near winchester , thats where i got my tyres for the ranger. had them in withing 2 hours aswell.

I run 265/75x16 BFG mt (KM1) on my Disco 2 and 285/75x16 Kumho KL71 on my Defender.

They are both excellent tyres, by choice I would go for BFGs since they seem to be longer lasting. The last set on the Disco lasted 100,000 miles before needing renewal, and allwere still legal when they came off. The Kumhos on the Defender I reckon will last half that at most.

They are both excellent on road and off road and have never caused a moment's concern on the road.

I am told that the reason that both Kumho and BFG mts are sometimes hard to get is that because they are (in tyre terms) low volume sellers they are made in batches about once a year. When the batch is gone, you won't get any until the next batch is made.